To say that I have been having a mini obsession with my instant pot would be an understatement. I am absolutely loving my instant pot and love seeing what new things I can create in it. Since the instant pot is a newer sensation there are still limited recipes available. Some things have just not been tested yet in the instant pot. This Instant Pot Lemon Cream Cheese Dump Cake is the first recipe of its type in the instant pot and I could not be more excited.
One of my most popular recipes is my Lemon Cream Cheese Dump Cake. I have been actively updating and working on my recipes a lot lately. So my Instant Pot Lemon Cream Cheese Dump Cake is very much in my mind. It was pretty automatic that I decided to try my Instant Pot Lemon Cream Cheese Dump Cake recipe in my instant pot and to be completely honest, I was not sure what to expect the results to be. It was either going to be a huge fail or a success. This recipe was a HUGE success.
It was as if dump cakes were made to be cooked in an instant pot. It was pure perfection. Absolute dump cake magic made in heaven (because don’t we all feel that our instant pots were created in heaven?!).
The key to a perfect dump cake is making sure you have completely covered your cake batter with butter in your final layer.
This is how beautiful your dump cake will look once you take it out of your pot.
- 1 Can 16 ounces lemon pie filling or lemon curd*
- 1 Package 15 ounces yellow cake mix
- 4 Ounces cream cheese cut into small pieces
- 1/2 Cup butter cut into thin slices
- Spray a glass bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread lemon pie filling in the bottom.
- Top with half of the cake mix.
- Dot with cream cheese and cover with the remaining cake mix. (I only used about 3/4 of my cake mix for the size of my bowl.)
- Top with butter in a single layer, trying to cover all areas of cake mix leaving none exposed.
- Place your trivet in your instant pot with one cup of water.
- Place your bowl on the trivet.
- Place your pot on MANUAL HIGH PRESSURE for 35 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Your toothpick inserted should come out clean.
- Serve as is in your glass bowl. Scoop out ith a big spoon. Serve it warm or cold. With ice cream or without.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 388 Saturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 46mg Sodium: 617mg Carbohydrates: 53g Sugar: 28g Protein: 3g