I saw a commercial not too long ago about dump cakes. Dump cakes.. what in the world is a dump cake. I needed to know!
Dump cake may not have the most flattering name but it is a dessert that many people rave about. When people are not praising its delicious taste, they’re often celebrating how quick and easy this dessert is to make.
Dump cake is usually a combination of canned fruit, with cherries and pineapples being some of the most preferred.
It’s difficult to find dessert recipes that are easier to make than dump cake. With the exception of stirring the fruit, you really need to do very little to assemble this cake. It’s a great recipe for beginning cooks, especially young ones. Even little kids can make dump cake because they usually don’t have to measure ingredients.
OMG, I just made this in my instant pot!!!! Try out my Instant Pot Lemon Cream Cheese Dump Cake, it is pretty amazing!!
Use this video to help guide you along.
- 1 Can, 16 ounces lemon pie filling
- 1 Package, 15 ounces yellow cake mix
- 4 Ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 Cup butter, cut into thin slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9" x 9" pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread lemon pie filling in the pan.
- Top with half of the cake mix.
- Dot with cream cheese and cover with the remaining cake mix.
- Top with butter in a single layer, trying to cover all areas of cake mix leaving none exposed.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
Adapted from Quick & Easy Dump Cakes and more
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 328 Saturated Fat: 20g Cholesterol: 92mg Sodium: 294mg Carbohydrates: 6g Sugar: 1g Protein: 2g