One of the most amazing things about my instant pot is being able to create delicious dishes in such a short amount of time. Pus with less cleanup! Last Easter was such an easier holiday making all of my side dishes in my instant pot. I really had a day of zero stress and delicious food. It was a complete win-win. Now let’s bring on more holiday dishes starting with these delicious Instant Pot Balsamic Brussel Sprouts.
It was much later on in life that I realized I love brussel sprouts. I had taken a food blogger photography class and we baked these beautiful balsamic brussel sprouts and I could not stop eating them!! I was eating my props!! Fast forward to my love of my instant pot and we have a delicious instant pot version of those very same delicious balsamic brussel sprouts. Start to finish took about 15 minutes tops to make this entire dish. The brussel sprouts were perfectly cooked and the glaze was delicious.
Freshly steamed and delicious already.
A delicious instant pot version of balsamic brussel sprouts. Start to finish took about 15 minutes tops to make this entire dish. The brussel sprouts were perfectly cooked and the glaze was delicious.
- 1 lb brussel sprouts, trimmed and washed
- 1 C water
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- freshly grated Parmesan for garnish
- Preheat pressure cooker by selecting the saute option.
- Pour the water into the pot.
- Arrange the brussel sprouts onto the steam rack or steamer basket and lower them into the pot.
- Press the manual button and adjust the timer to 3 minutes.
- Once the unit has pressure cooked and counted down, do a quick release
- Remove the brussel sprouts with the steam rack.
- Dump the water out of the pot and put back.
- Turn on Saute feature
- MIx honey, balsamic, & salt together.. quickly whisk.
- Once heated add balsamic/honey mixture
- Add in brussel sprouts. I like to get a nice blackened crispy glaze on the cut side.. so lay them flat on the bottom and let saute for a minute or two before flipping to crisp the other side.
- Finish to your preferred crispiness.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 66 Sodium: 469mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 6g Protein: 3g