Instant Pot Balsamic Brussels Sprouts are going to dress up your dinner table tonight. This is such an easy recipe, 6 ingredients and a 15 minutes is all it takes to make up these savory Balsamic Brussels Sprouts.
One of the most amazing things about my instant pot is being able to create delicious dishes in such a short amount of time. Pus with less cleanup! Last Easter was such an easier holiday making all of my side dishes in my instant pot. I really had a day of zero stress and delicious food. It was a complete win-win. Now let’s bring on more holiday dishes starting with these delicious Instant Pot Balsamic Brussel Sprouts.
Instant Pot Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
It was much later on in life that I realized I love Brussels sprouts. I had taken a food blogger photography class and we baked these beautiful balsamic Brussels sprouts and I could not stop eating them!! I was eating my props!!
Fast forward to my love of my instant pot and we have a delicious instant pot version of those very same delicious balsamic Brussels sprouts. Start to finish took about 15 minutes tops to make this entire dish. The Brussels sprouts were perfectly cooked and the glaze was delicious.
How To Trim Brussels Sprouts
You can take a shortcut and buy pre-prepped Brussels Sprouts. If you want to prep them yourself you can trim the ends. Then slice your sprouts in half lengthwise. You can toss any loose leaves that you need to toss out.
Then follow the rest of the directions below for you to cook up tender and savory Brussels sprouts for your family and friends.
Can I Cut Brussel Sprouts The Night Before
You can prep your Brussel Sprouts the night before you plan to use them. This is a great way to get things prepped so it takes even less time the night you plan to cook up these sprouts.
If you are hosting a gathering it is a great way to prep up your veggies so when it comes to cooking you just toss it in and set the timer to cook.
What To Serve With Your Balsamic Brussel Sprouts
- Chicken | Chicken is a very versatile protein and that is why I feel that you can truly whip up almost any chicken dish. Whether in the Instant pot, baked, and more.
- Pork | Whether you opt for pork chops or pork tenderloin you will find the pairing of the two go hand and hand fantastically.
- Steak | I love a good steak next to my sprouts. I find that you can enjoy the two together along with a side of mashed potatoes and it makes it an outstanding dinner idea.
You can also pair it with so many other recipes and make it fantastic. Enjoy your green leafy veggie and serve these up for a holiday feast, for your friends, or even your family.
How To Store Leftover Brussels Sprouts
You will want to store any leftover sprouts in an airtight container in the fridge. They will store for 2-3 days and are best when served fresh. To reheat toss in a pan on the stove and heat on low or toss in the microwave for a quick reheat.
Freshly steamed and delicious already.
A delicious instant pot version of balsamic brussel sprouts. Start to finish took about 15 minutes tops to make this entire dish. The brussel sprouts were perfectly cooked and the glaze was delicious.
- 1 lb brussel sprouts, trimmed and washed
- 1 C water
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- freshly grated Parmesan for garnish
- Preheat pressure cooker by selecting the saute option.
- Pour the water into the pot.
- Arrange the brussel sprouts onto the steam rack or steamer basket and lower them into the pot.
- Press the manual button and adjust the timer to 3 minutes.
- Once the unit has pressure cooked and counted down, do a quick release
- Remove the brussel sprouts with the steam rack.
- Dump the water out of the pot and put back.
- Turn on Saute feature
- MIx honey, balsamic, & salt together.. quickly whisk.
- Once heated add balsamic/honey mixture
- Add in brussel sprouts. I like to get a nice blackened crispy glaze on the cut side.. so lay them flat on the bottom and let saute for a minute or two before flipping to crisp the other side.
- Finish to your preferred crispiness.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 66Sodium: 469mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g