Add a juicy, sweet-and-savory flavor explosion to your holiday spread with Instant Pot Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham! This dish is incredibly delicious and easy to prepare using the magic of an Instant Pot. You’ll love how the sweet brown sugar glaze, pineapple chunks, and savory ham blend together to create an unforgettable flavor. Not to mention, it’s a great way to impress your dinner guests without spending hours in the kitchen! Learn all about how to make this delectable dish and impress your family this holiday season in this comprehensive guide.
Easter is around the corner, so whip up this juicy and moist pineapple ham recipe. A hands-off approach to the perfect ham.
Instant Pot Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham
No more dried out ham, this brown sugar pineapple ham swoops in to save the day. Juicy, loaded with flavor, and crazy easy to make.
I love making ham in my pressure cooker, it simplifies the cooking process.
What Cut Of Ham Works For This Recipe
You can use a spiral cut ham, Cooks style ham, smoked ham, etc. Buying a ham that is cooked and just needs to be reheated is key.
On the package, it will say. Most hams are pre-cooked and then you just need to reheat for so long per pound to ensure it is reheated properly.
What To Serve With Ham
If you are serving this up for your Easter feast grab all your favorite sides! Deviled eggs, corn casserole, stuffing, cranberry, mashed potatoes, and the list goes on.
Pair with any and all of your favorites and enjoy the nice pairing for a meal that practically cooked itself.
Can You Freeze Ham
Yes, you sure can. I have a vacuum sealer I use to freeze leftover ham. I even save the ham bone with meat on it, if it has a bone, I then use it for ham and bean soup.
If you don’t have a vacuum sealer you can place leftover meat in airtight freezer containers or bags.
They will store for 2-3 months in the freezer. Then thaw and reheat when ready to eat more.
I freeze in smaller portions and then use leftover ham as a dinner one night of the week. It is a nice change from regular dinners.
What If I Don’t Own An Instant Pot
If you don’t own an instant pot you can then cook in the oven. Just cover your ham tightly so it doesn’t dry out as it cooks. Then follow the cooking time on the package of your ham.
They all say how long per pound you need to cook. Then use ingredients as directed to dress up ham and bake in the oven or even your slow cooker.
Why Cook Ham In Instant Pot
- Free Up stove space if you are cooking a lot of sides and such to go with your meal.
- Less energy is used compared to the oven.
- An easy hands-off approach.
- Moist and juicy ham each and every time. It locks in moisture vs risking a dried-out ham.
- You get that sweet and savory in every bite.
Why not cook a ham in your pressure cooker! It is so easy to do and the list above just skims the surface of all the reasons why you should.
Let me know what you think of this Instant Pot Ham recipe today!
Instant Pot Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham is a sweet and savory ham that is perfect to serve up for the holiday.
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6-7 pound bone-in spiral ham
- Pour 1/2 cup brown sugar in the bottom of the Instant Pot, spreading it around.
- Cut a little ham off the edges if it doesn't fit.
- Place Ham in the Instant pot.
- Pour crushed pineapple and juice over the top of your ham.
- Pour Honey over the top and 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- Close the pressure cooking lid, make sure it’s in the sealing position and turn toggle to seal.
- Press Pressure (it should automatically set to HIGH pressure). Set time to 15 minutes. Hit START.
- Once done, do a quick release.
- Remove and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 648Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 203mgSodium: 3109mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 1gSugar: 57gProtein: 71g