Grab that Ninja Foodi and make this hearty 3 Packet Pot Roast for your weeknight dinner this week! A beef pot roast that is loaded with flavor and only requires a handful of ingredients. This Ninja Foodi Pot Roast recipe is one of my favorite ways to cook a pot roast.
I used to love cooking my pot roast in the slow cooker, and now I can’t think to make my roast any other way. This recipe cooks so fast infuses more flavor into the beef and is so simple to make.
Ninja Foodi 3 Packet Pot Roast
I am loving my Ninja Foodi. It is such a handy kitchen accessory that I recommend adding to your Christmas wish list if you haven’t gotten one yet. It is essentially a pressure cooker and air fryer in one.
A classic pot roast flavor that is so crazy simple it will win over the whole family after the first bite.
How to Thicken The Sauce in A Pot Roast
You will want to remove the meat and veggies from the pot, and then create a cornstarch slurry that you will stir into the liquid. After a few minutes of being warm, it will begin to thicken like gravy. The full instructions are below.
It is a great way to create a gravy that you can spoon over your roast to add flavor.
What Vegetables Do You Add-In With 3 Packet Roast
I added in baby carrots and then potatoes. You are more than welcome to toss in other vegetables if you would like. This is up to you on what you like to eat with your roast. Just add in the veggies the same time as the carrot and potatoes in the recipe below.
What Is The Best Cut Of Beef For Cooking A Roast
- Bottom Round
Because you are going to be pressure cooking this roast, you are welcome to use almost any pot roast cut. Since it cooks high pressure it will help to break down and tenderize the meat rather fast.
Do I Need To Use All 3 Packets of Seasoning
I would say yes to this. If you don’t I think you could find that your pot roast lacks a bit of flavor. I have not tried making it with only two, or using two of the same one to replace one I didn’t use. If you do this, I would say there is a risk it might not turn out. So it is up to you if you choose to leave a packet out of the recipe.
Give this Ninja Foodi pot roast recipe a try today and let me know how you like it!
Try this Ninja Foodi or Air Fryer Corn Casserole for a great side dish.
- 1 2-3 lb beef roast
- 1 TBSP of Olive Oil
- 1 Cup beef broth
- 1 pkg brown gravy
- 1 pkg ranch dressing mix
- 1 pkg Italian dressing mix
- 1 lb bag baby carrots
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- 1 - 2 TBSP corn starch
- Mix all 3 packets together and mix well so seasonings are all blended.
- Rub seasoning mixture all over your meat. Coat it well.
- Turn pot on to saute, add in olive oil and brown meat on all sides.
- If any bits burnt on the bottom of your pan, remove meat from the pot, set aside. Pour 1 cup of beef broth into your pot and give it all a good scraping, removing all of those yummy bits into your broth. Put meat back into the pot.
- Set your pot to manual high pressure for 60 minutes. *Do a quick release.
- Remove your lid and add in your baby carrots and baby potatoes.
- Set your pot to manual high pressure for 12 minutes. Do a quick release.
- Remove your meat and veggies from the pot.
- Place pot on saute and bring broth to a boil
- Add in cornstarch slurry continue cooking for 1-2 minutes until you reach the desired thickness.
- Pour juices over the meat and enjoy!
* If you opt to not use potatoes and carrots, do a natural release for 15 minutes and than jump back into step #8.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1154 Total Fat: 68g Saturated Fat: 27g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 33g Cholesterol: 409mg Sodium: 792mg Carbohydrates: 22g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 106g