What could say Boo! more than this adorable Boo Bark! Made with delicious orange melts and black chocolate melts. You can get as creative you like to set the tone for your boo bark.
I loved the adorable bone sprinkles and have been saving those for just the right recipe. Use edible eyes to create a truly spooky scene. It’s very boolicious too!
How To Use A Double Boiler To Melt Chocolate In Instant Pot
If you have an Instant Pot, you might want to check out my post on how to use Instant Pot as a double boiler. It is a fantastic way to melt your chocolate quickly and easily. I use this method for making my candy bark a lot. I think you will find it a very easy method that sets you up for success.
How To Melt Chocolate Melts In Microwave
In a microwave-safe container, microwave candy melts at 50% power or the defrost setting on your microwave. Melt for one minute to start. Remove and stir. Place back in the microwave for an additional 30 seconds at 50% power. Remove and stir. Continue to do this in 30-second intervals until smooth and creamy. Remember less is better. You can help melt some pieces that are still not fully melted by stirring with a spoon. You do not want to over microwave your chocolate.
For more recipes go HERE
Can I Change Out The Colors Of Chocolate For This Bark Recipe
Of course, feel free to change out the colors if you would like. I went with orange but purple or even a bright green would be really fun. You can use what you have or find colors that work well to fit the theme you are going for.
How Do You Break Apart Chocolate Bark
You can easily grab the bark and gently break into irregular shapes. If your leaving fingerprints use foil to hold between your fingers and the chocolate. Or you can find hitting with a wooden spoon helps to break the chocolate nicely.
How To Harden Chocolate Boo Bark Fast
Since I use chocolate melts they will harden really fast. If you opted to use chocolate chips instead, you can add a little shortening to the chocolate to help it set up. Or place the chocolate in the freezer for 15-30 minutes to help set it faster.
Best Way To Store Halloween Chocolate Bark
Your chocolate needs to be stored in an airtight container or sealable bag. You can leave this on the counter at room temperature or choose to store it in the fridge. It is up to you which you choose. This chocolate will store for 7-10 days.
Can You Freeze Chocolate Bark
Yes, you can. Simply place in freezer-friendly container and store for up to three months in the freezer. I love doing this to have on hand for a quick sweet treat when I get the craving. Pull out a piece or two and allow them to thaw on the counter for about 30 minutes before eating.
You can find all of the ingredients needed for this bark below:
- Wilton Orange Candy Melts, 12-Ounce
- Wilton Black Candy Melts, 10-Ounce
- Wilton Candy Eyeballs
- Blue Candy Eyeballs
- Wilton Bones Sprinkles
- Wilton Spring Sugar for Food Decoration, Blue
- Wilton Orange Sugar Sparkles
- Orange Non-Parcels
- Orange Candy Melts
- Black Candy Melts
- White Candy Eyeballs
- Blue Candy Eyeballs
- Bone Sprinkles
- Orange Sugar Sprinkles
- Blue Sugar Sprinkles
- Orange Non-Pariel Sprinkles
- Melt chocolate morsels according to my melting chocolate directions above.
- Spread orange chocolate on top of parchment paper.
- Drizzle black chocolate across the orange chocolate. Use the back of a butter knife to swirl the black chocolate into the orange chocolate.
- Immediately place eyeballs keeping a pair of them together creating your spooky eyes. Quickly before your chocolate dries. (the chocolate acts as your glue)
- Now quickly position some bones around your chocolate.
- Sprinkle with blue and orange sprinkles to complete your look.
- Let chocolate completely harden before breaking into bite sized pieces.