Instant Pot Duo Crisp Broccoli Cheddar Chicken and Rice Casserole is an incredible and easy weeknight dinner. The Instant Pot Duo just simplified my life even more. With the crisping lid, you get that golden cheese on top of this chicken and rice casserole!
You all know I love my Instant Pot, well the duo has already stolen my heart! It is a pressure cooker and has a crisping lid that acts as an air fryer. It is the perfect holiday gift for anyone who cooks in the kitchen.
Instant Pot Duo Crisp Broccoli Cheddar Chicken and Rice Casserole
Broccoli cheddar chicken and rice is one of my husband’s favorite dishes! I wanted to surprise him tonight with dinner after a busy week checking off my honey do list.
He commented on how amazing the casserole was, and I told him it was my new kitchen gadget. He was pretty impressed!
Can I Make This if I Just Have An Instant Pot
If you don’t own the duo you can still make this! Just cook the casserole as directed below then pour into a dish and sprinkle on the cheese. Then toss in the oven and broil for that toasted cheese topping!
It’s an extra step or two but trust me the toasted cheese on top really adds texture and flavor to this chicken casserole!
Can I Leave Broccoli Out of Chicken and Rice Casserole
Yes you can leave the broccoli out of this casserole if you are not a fan. I personally love the flavor it adds but if you don’t have it or like it just skip it in the recipe
Do You Have to Cook The Rice Before Adding to Casserole
No you will pour uncooked rice into your Instant Pot and cook it. No need to precooked rice for this casserole!
I wanted a simple and easy dinner recipe you al could toss together in a hurry and I cut out all the extra steps!
Can I Use Precooked Chicken in this Chicken and Rice Casserole
I love making chicken and then shredding and tossing in the freezer for quick meal prepping. I have used pre cooked shredded chicken in this recipe and it works fantastic.
So if you have leftover rotisserie chicken go ahead and use it or pull some frozen chicken from the freezer. Keep cook time the same. If frozen it will just take longer for Instant Pot to come to pressure.
What to Serve With Cheddar Chicken and Rice
- Corn, green beans or other type of veggie
- Crisp salad
- Dinner rolls
- Baked beans
- Or any other favorite side dish
How to Store Broccoli Cheddar Rice Casserole
You will want to store your leftovers in the fridge for up to three days. Place in an airtight container and then reheat in microwave or warm in the oven.
If you warm up leftovers in the oven I recommend covering the pan with aluminum foil to prevent the casserole from drying out.
- 1 1/2 lbs Chicken cut into 1" cubes
- Season All seasoning
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 1 (10.75 oz)) can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 Cups Broccoli Florets
- 1 Cup crushed Ritz Crackers
- 2 TBSP Melted Butter
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Pour 1 Cup Water in your pot. Place broccoli in your Air fry basket. Place in your pot. Put on your pressure cooking lid. PC for 0 minutes. This will cook your broccoli perfectly. Once done, remove broccoli and put aside.
- Turn saute on. Put in 2 TBSP butter. Once butter starts to melt, add chicken in. Saute for a 3-5 minutes, adding chopped garlic around mid way point in cooking the chicken.
- Add rice.
- Add chicken broth. Give your rice a little push with the back of a spoon, just making sure it is mostly submerged in the broth.
- Add cream of chicken soup. Do not mix. Just leave it as it lands. Cover your pot with your pressure cooking lid.
- PC on low pressure for 12 minutes. Do a quick release.
- Remove your lid and give it a good stir. Stir in 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Carefully stir in broccoli.
- Spread 1 cup of shredded cheddar on the top.
- Melt the 2 TBSP butter and crumble up the crackers. Combine to form the topping for the casserole. Spread on top of the cheese.
- Put on your Air Fryer lid.
- Broil at 400 degrees for a few minutes to melt the cheese and crisp up the cracker crumbs.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 598Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 170mgSodium: 1102mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 40g