Savory Instant Pot Baked Beans will become your go- to side dish. Baked beans in the Instant Pot are one of the easiest dump and go recipes to date!
Instant Pot Baked Beans are just another amazing side dish that is cooked in the ever magical instant pot. This is an easy dump and go recipe that anyone can master.
Instant Pot Baked Beans
Most of my own cooking mishaps have happened when there are too many ingredients and too many complicated steps. Dump and go recipes are the exact opposite. They are so super easy recipes that anyone can master.
This is a perfect dump and go recipe. Gather all the ingredients listed below and dump them into your instant pot. The hardest part of this recipe is smelling all of the deliciousness cooking away and not being able to eat it yet.
Where to Serve These Baked Beans
- For dinners at home
- Family reunions
- And any other occasion
Are These Instant Pot Baked Beans Savory or Sweet
Both! You have the components of savory and sweet in these beans. It works well to have both elements as neither is overpowering. Salty bacon, onion, molasses, maple syrup and more come together and just work!
Do You Soak Beans for Instant Pot Baked Beans
Yes. For this recipe you will want to soak your dry beans. I added my beans, salt and filled with water and allowed to soak for three hours! Just do a simple step and walk away until your timer goes off.
What Type of Bean Do You Use For Baked Beans
For this recipe I have found dry navy beans work great! If you don’t have white navy beans feel free to reach for another bean you enjoy.
I have found the navy offers a great texture and flavor.
What To Serve With Baked Beans
Baked beans are one dish that pairs with almost any main dish! If you want some ideas let me share some of my favorites!
- Instant Pot Sticky Asian Ribs
- Rotisserie or Baked chicken
- Hamburgers, hot dogs, bratwursts
- Pork tenderloin or chops
- And the list goes on!
As you can see we serve these beans with pretty much any recipe!
Why Cook Baked Beans In Instant Pot
Cooking your baked beans in the Instant pot is a no-brainer to me! You get that slow and low simmered taste in literally a fraction of the time.
After you soak your beans it becomes and dump and go dish so you are completely hands off!
Lastly but not least these beans are incredible! The flavor, texture, all of it can’t be beat!
How To Store Leftover Baked Beans
Simply allow any leftovers to cool and then place in an airtight container and place in the fridge. You can store these beans for up to 3-4 days. I think the beans offer the best flavor day two!
Can I Make Instant Pot Baked Beans Ahead Of Time
Yes! You can make these beans the night before and just store in the fridge. Then warm up in Instant pot, pan or even slow cooker. Once warm serve away.
Give this recipe a try for Instant Pot Baked Beans! I don’t think you will look at canned beans the same after you taste this incredible flavor!
Delicious dump and go Instant Pot Baked Beans are delicious home cooked beans sweetened with brown sugar and maple syrup. Delish!
- 1 pound Dried Navy Beans
- 8 slices Thick Bacon roughly chopped
- 1 medium Onion roughly chopped
- 3 1/4 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Molasses
- 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Ketchup
- 2 Jalapeños seed removed and diced
- Rinse beans. Add beans and salt to a bowl and cover with water, two inches above beans. Soak for three hours. Drain beans and rinse.
- Select the Sauté and bring to heat.
- Add bacon and onions to the cooking pot and cook until bacon begins to brown scraping brown bits from the bottom. Add 1/4 cup of water and continue cooking until water has evaporated, bacon fat is rendered and onions are semi-soft.
- Add beans, water, Maple Syrup, Molasses, Ketchup, Brown Sugar, & Jalapeños to the cooking pot and stir to combine.
- Lock lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook at High Pressure for 60 minutes.
- When the timer goes off do a natural release for 15 minutes. The remaining pressure may be released manually.
- Discard any floating beans.
- You can Add 2 tsp dijon mustard and add additional Molasses to sweeten a bit more
If you have no time to soak, add 15 minutes to the cook time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 296mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 6gSugar: 25gProtein: 9g