Taco Stuffed Peppers
Mini Taco Stuffed Peppers are everything you love about stuffed peppers, but this time made with a ground beef taco meat and stuffed inside mini bell peppers for the most adorable little appetizer!
I love an easy dinner in my house – I have an Air Fryer Stuffed Pepper recipe on my blog already, but now I’ve elevated it to be even easier and to be an appetizer. These taco-stuffed mini peppers can be eaten handheld or with a fork. I don’t want to admit how many I ate standing in my kitchen with my hands!
Mini Taco Stuffed Peppers
Because these are so little, it only takes 20 minutes in the oven. Make these for a game day party or for a fun dinner.
Try my Stuffed Mushrooms or my Cheese Fondue for more food pre-game options!
What do I need to get started?
- Ground beef.
- Taco seasoning. You can make it homemade or to make it super easy, get the pre-packed mix.
- White onion.
- Minced garlic.
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes.
- Cooked white rice.
- Taco sauce. I like the store-bought version here.
- Mini bell pepper halves.
- Shredded cheese. I used Monterey Jack.
How to make Mini Taco Stuffed Peppers
Start by preheating the oven to 350 and preparing a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef. About halfway through cooking, add the taco seasoning.
Add the garlic, onion, and Rotel to the meat mixture and keep cooking until the onion is soft, about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from the heat and then in a large bowl, toss together the beef mixture, white rice, and 1 cup of taco sauce.
Spoon the mixture into the mini peppers until completely stuffed. Place in your baking pan and spoon on the rest of the taco sauce, then sprinkle on the shredded cheese.
Bake for 25 minutes, or until the peppers are soft and the cheese is melted.
What to serve with Taco Stuffed Peppers
Salsa. I used restaurant-style salsa and poured a bit over my peppers before serving.
Sour cream, to offset some of the spicinesses.
Avocado or guacamole.
For some spice, add jalapeno to the mixture when you add the onion.
Can I use different meat?
You can use the ground beef as I did, but this would be great with ground chicken or turkey as well.
The peppers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container or wrapped with plastic wrap.
To reheat, heat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes or cover with aluminum foil and bake for 12 minutes in the oven at 350℉
Do I boil the peppers before stuffing them?
Because these peppers are so tiny, it is absolutely not necessary to boil before hand. Just cut them in half and bake!
Tips and Tricks
I love using a variety of colors of stuffed peppers, just so these look as good as they taste.
You can add some heat with diced jalapeno.
Make this a bit lighter with ground turkey meat.
You can make this same recipe with full sized peppers and bake for 40 minutes.
Taco Stuffed Peppers
Mini Taco Stuffed Peppers are everything you love about stuffed peppers, but this time made with ground beef taco meat and stuffed inside mini bell peppers for the most adorable little appetizer!
- 1lb ground beef
- ¼ cup low sodium taco seasoning
- ½ cup white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 10oz can Rotel
- 1 ½ cups cooked white rice
- 1 ½ cups taco sauce, 1 cup and ½ cup separated.
- 20 mini bell peppers, sliced opened and seeds removed.
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375℉ and prepare a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, begin browning the ground beef adding the taco seasoning halfway through cooking, about 5 minutes.
- To the ground beef add the garlic, onion, and rotel and continue cooking over medium heat until the onions have softened.
- In a large bowl, add the beef mixture, white rice, and 1 cup of the taco sauce and mix until combined.
- Spoon the beef and rice mixture into the peppers until completely stuffed, place in your baking pan. Spoon the reserved ½ cup taco sauce over the peppers and sprinkle with the monterey jack cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the peppers have softened and the cheese is bubbly.
- Serve immediately with your favorite taco toppings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 217mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g