This taco salad recipe is easy to make, healthy, totally versatile, and perfect to enjoy throughout the entire year. With a few basic ingredients like seasoned ground beef, avocado, onions, salsa, sour cream, cheese, and lettuce you will be enjoying all your favorite taco ingredients mixed together all in one delicious bite!
Taco Salad Recipe
Taco salad is my go-to meal when I am short on time and when I can’t figure out what is for dinner. With 10 minutes of prep and 10 minutes of cooking, you will have the perfect meal to serve your family in no time.
You and your family will love this taco salad recipe because it is totally customizable based on your preferences.
How to Make Taco Salad
- Heat oil in a skillet on high heat. Then add hamburger. Cook until browned.
- Add ¼ cup of water into the hamburger then add seasoning and stir until well combined. Turn down the heat and let simmer to thicken.
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl, including ground beef. Mix thoroughly, then ready to serve.
Tips Tricks and FAQs
1. You can easily double this recipe if you are serving a crowd.
2. The great thing about this taco salad recipe is that you can make it how you like it. Swap out any ingredients you prefer and add in any of your favorites.
3. Serve this salad with ranch dressing or salsa if you prefer.
4. My favorite thing to do is add a little crunch. Crunch up your favorite tortilla chips and mix those in as well to this salad.
5. If you don’t have grape tomatoes, any tomato will work great.
6. Feel free to swap out the ground beef for ground turkey if you prefer or other ground protein.
Once you mix all the ingredients in this taco salad recipe together it does not store well. The hot meat will wilt the lettuce pretty quickly. I don’t recommend storing this for later.
If you do want to store it for later, be sure to keep all the ingredients separated to help them stay fresh.
If you want to prep this taco salad recipe ahead of time you can.
Prep your meat in the morning and let it cool then place it in the fridge, covered. While the meat is cooking, prep the other ingredients and store them in individual containers. When you are ready to enjoy, heat up your meat and then mix all the ingredients together then serve.