A hearty chicken chili with a Tex-Mex flavor that will be leaving all your family reaching for another scoop of soup. Because you are cooking it in the Instant Pot it makes for a quick weeknight meal, with a slow and simmered flavor.
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
Grab your Instant Pot and let’s make this Instant Pot White Chicken Chili for dinner tonight! A hearty chicken chili with a Tex-Mex flavor that will be leaving all your family reaching for another scoop of soup. Because you are cooking it in the Instant Pot it makes for a quick weeknight meal, with a slow and simmered flavor.
This Instant Pot White Chicken Chili is so dang delicious I can not eat enough of it. I have been enjoying so many Mexican dishes that I have been making in my instant pot. I especially love the chili. I love traditional chili and could eat bowl after bowl of it but I also love the delicious change with this White Chicken Chili.
I usually prefer chicken over red meat and this chili fits the bill perfectly. This is perfect to serve on Super Bowl Sunday.
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili Is A Must Make Soup
Now I know not everyone has hopped on board with the Instant Pot. As a mom and wife, I find having my Instant Pot helps me get more homecooked meals on our dinner table. I can make a hearty soup that doesn’t need to simmer on the stove for hours on end. I can also pull out the frozen chicken breast and still have dinner in a hurry. Those two perks make it so worth investing in an Instant Pot in my eyes.
I have been working on adapting all of our favorite recipes to Instant Pot. This white chicken chili recipe is always a huge hit. I have made this for parties, family gatherings and everyone is always saying how good it is. So, I wanted to make sure I took the time to share this recipe with you all.
Health Benefits From White Chicken Chili
Let me share some of the ingredients used in this white chicken chili. See how each ingredient comes together to give you nutrients, vitamins and more. This is a really delicious chili recipe that will benefit you and your family in a variety of ways.
- Olive Oil | This oil is packed full of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties protects against heart disease and more. When we cook I tend to reach for olive oil!
- Garlic | Fresh garlic is great for fighting common colds and fighting sickness. Garlic can also improve your cholesterol levels and has very little calories.
- Tomatoes | Tomatoes are great for incorporating into your diet. They have many health benefits from being loaded with vitamin C and vitamin K, as well as potassium and folate. Tomatoes have a good amount of lycopene antioxidants which is great to help reduce against some cancers and heart disease.
- Northern Beans | Gain some added iron and fiber into your diet with Northern beans. They are also a great source of potassium and even protein. I find they are a great bean to use as they are cholesterol-free and low in fat and calories.
- Chicken Stock | Chicken broth is great for giving your immunity a boost, helping with digestion, protecting your joins, and even helping you sleep more peaceful at night.
As you can see all of these ingredients come together to make one amazing and hearty soup that is not only delicious but will help protect your body in so many different ways. Those are just a few of the ingredients in this hearty soup, I wanted to give you an idea of how wonderful this soup is all around.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small onion
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons or 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 -1 cup red salsa
- 1/4-1/2 cup green Verde salsa
- 1-2 small cans of diced green chilies
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1-2 cups chicken broth
- 3-4 cans of white beans, I use Northern beans
- Step 1: Set your Instant Pot to the sauté function.
- Steps 2-4: Add the olive oil and allow to heat up. Add onions and garlic and cook 2-3 minutes or until garlic is fragrant and onions are translucent.
- Step 5: Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Turn Instant Pot off.
- Steps 6-8: In a small bowl, add taco seasoning and red and green salsas. (or you can skip this and the steps below and add to the Instant Pot individually)
- Steps 9-11: In a small bowl, add green chilies (I love green chilies and use 2 cans. You can add one can if you prefer), tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Step 12: Add chicken broth. I like mine more like soup, so I add 2 cups. If you like it more like chili, add just the 1 cup.
- Step 13: Add beans.
- Step 14: Add the ingredients from steps 6-8.
- Steps 15-16: Add ingredients from steps 9-11. Mix everything together.
- Step 17: Close and lock the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the vent is closed. Set Instant Pot to 15 minutes. Once the 15 minutes are up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Open the vent and release the remaining pressure.
Top with your favorite yummies!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 141 Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 48mg Sodium: 268mg Carbohydrates: 2g Sugar: 1g Protein: 16g