Instant Pot Chili Mac is an easy and delicious meal that you can make in a hurry. 15 minutes is all that is required for this beefy, cheesy, and pasta filled chili mac recipe. An Instant Pot Kid Friendly recipe you will want to make it again and again!
Instant Pot Chili Mac
This Instant Pot Chili Mac is my kid’s new favorite!! You all know I have been obsessing over my instant pot. It really is a thing!! You get so hooked you want to use it all the time! My kids have probably all grown an inch and gained 10 pounds, I have been feeding them so much lately. This is really the perfect dish for a busy weeknight meal.
Instant Pot Chili Mac
This dish is perfect for the chili lover and pasta lover. We are all of the above in this house so it was a culinary match made in heaven.
Is It Chili Or Macaroni
Chili Mac is the perfect recipe for those who enjoy pasta and chili. It is neither a full-on chili or pasta. So, you will find it is a unique dish that offers bold and bright flavors that will stand out from other recipes you make.
Variations For Chili Mac Recipe
The beauty of this recipe is you can easily adapt it to your liking. Let me share some variations for chili mac to see if it fits you better.
- Meat | Skip ground beef and reach for ground turkey, ground chicken, or opt for a meatless chili mac.
- Beans | Feel free to play with the beans. I used red beans but you can swap with black beans or even white beans if you prefer.
- Veggies | Toss in a bag frozen corn for a twist, or even diced bell pepper or a diced jalapeno for heat factor.
What To Serve With Chili Mac
Not sure what to pair with your chili mac? Here are some of the ways I serve my Chili Mac, to give you an idea!
- Bread and butter or dinner rolls
- Side of Corn, Roasted Broccoli, etc.
- Crisp Green Side Salad
How Long Can You Store Chili Mac
You can store chili mac in the fridge for up to three days. If you go longer use your best judgment, as eating expired food can make you very sick. To store your chili mac just make sure it is covered and in an airtight container.
Can You Freeze Chili Mac
You should be able to freeze this recipe rather easily. It might slightly affect the texture of the pasta but should reheat okay. Just place in a freezer friendly container and leave room at the top for it to expand as it freezes. Then freeze for up to three months. Thaw in the fridge the night before you plan to eat it.
Best Way To Reheat Chili Mac
You can warm this up on the stove top in a pan on low heat, warm in the microwave, or even in the Instant Pot on saute. Just heat until it is heated through then serve. Top with some shredded cheese, green onions or serve as is.
What Type of Pasta Is Best For Chili Mac Recipe
A smaller shaped pasta is best for chili mac. I used elbow but you could use bowtie or any other smaller shaped dry pasta. Don’t use fresh pasta in the Instant Pot as it will break down too much as it cooks under the high pressure.
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes with chopped green chilies 15 oz
- 1 can tomato sauce 8 oz.
- 1 can red beans, rinsed 15 oz
- 1 can corn, drained 15.25 oz
- 1 c elbow macaroni uncooked
- 1 c water
- 1 pkg. taco or chili seasoning packet
- Turn Instant Pot to saute and onions and ground beef.
- Brown meat until cooked. Turn off IP. Carefully drain off some of the excess oil.
- Add all other ingredients and stir.
- Turn IP to manual, pressure, high, for 4 minutes. Close steam valve.
- When done do a quick release and carefully open lid. Serve topped with cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 537Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 1212mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 9gSugar: 8gProtein: 38g