Monkey Bread Muffins are a super easy breakfast to whip up any day of the week. Refrigerated biscuits get a makeover to transform into delicious cinnamon sugar monkey bread muffins.
Monkey Bread Muffins
These Monkey Bread Muffins are so delicious and semi-homemade. I am a huge fan of semi-homemade. These are so simple to make and so delicious you may need to stock up on a few tubes of the Pillsbury Grand buttermilk flaky biscuits. These are really perfect any time of the day. I love to make them for a special holiday breakfast for the boys. Or just as a late-night snack for me and my hubby.
Just like that, I am ready to make a delicious batch of monkey bread muffins.
How To Make
Step 1: Start by making your cinnamon sugar mixture. Then slice biscuits up as directed in recipe card below.
Step 2: Add the biscuit pieces to each greased muffin tin. Pour the brown sugar butter mixture over each muffin.
Step 3: Bake for around 12 minutes or until they are done. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
Step 4: Drizzle with cream cheese frosting.
You will want to allow the monkey Bread muffins to cool and then place in an airtight container and store in the fridge.
I find they taste great chilled but you can always allow them to warm up on the counter or microwave for a fresh out of the oven flavor.
Can I Double This Recipe
You can double this recipe if you want. Just grab about muffin tin and get to making! They are so way to make and such a fun treat to serve up for breakfast or even a mid-day treat.
Variations to Recipe
- Add in some dried raisins or cranberries
- Add a spoonful of pie filling mix to each muffin
- Skip cream cheese frosting and do a classic powdered sugar and milk glaze
- Dust with powdered sugar
As you can see there are many ways to change these up just enough to fit what you are looking for.
Can I Use A Jumbo Muffin Pan
Want to make larger muffins? Go right ahead. Just simply put more mixture into each muffin tin and then adjust the baking time.
You need to make sure the biscuits are baked all the way through. Use a toothpick to stick into them to see if they come out clean.
Can I Use Homemade Biscuits Instead of Store Bought
You can use homemade biscuits in replace of store bought. Just make up your biscuits, cut them like you would in recipe and follow the same directions.
The idea is for the biscuits to be broken up like a true monkey Bread you can pull and eat. It’s fun for kids and a bit different than a full size monkey Bread.
Give this monkey bread muffin recipe a try and let me know what you think. My kids love it, and so do I.
These Monkey Bread Muffins are semi-homemade and delicious.
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tube of Grand buttermilk flaky biscuits
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp water
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup store-bought tub of cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin pan with non-stick spray or 8 cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Separate the biscuits and cut each one into 8 equal pieces. Toss the pieces into the cinnamon sugar mixture and place 8 of them into each muffin well or liner.
- Place a small saucepan on the stove and melt the butter, add the brown sugar and water. Mix until everything is all melted and combined. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour a heaping tbsp. of the brown sugar and butter mixture over each of the muffins.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown. Allow the muffins to cool for about 10-15 minutes, before removing from the pan.
- Microwave the cream cheese frosting for 10 seconds, until it’s thinned out. Using a fork, drizzle the frosting all over your muffins. Serve warm or cooled! Store on the counter in a tightly covered container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 406Saturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 116mgCarbohydrates: 66gSugar: 61g