Ninja Foodi Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake
Treat yourself in the morning with this Ninja Foodi Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake. I promise this cake is breakfast worthy, and the perfect amount of sweetness to kickstart your day. This blueberry breakfast cake reminds me of a giant muffin!
I love this buttermilk blueberry breakfast cake because it is like a muffin but without the mess and time to of scooping each muffin. Mix, dump, and bake is all that is required!
Loving My Ninja Foodi Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake
I am having the most fun with my Ninja Foodi. My recipe creative juices are on fire. I recently made a delicious Ninja Foodi Cracked Out Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole and we all loved it! I was so inspired by this delicious breakfast dish that I wanted to try one of my old time favorite breakfast cakes. The Ninja Foodi Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake is so delicious and pure perfection cooked in the Ninja Foodi The sugar crystallizes perfectly and creates this extra sweet crunch as you bite in.
Why Coat Blueberries in Flour
I learned this trick so many years ago it is just second nature. If you coat any fruit with some dry flour it will help prevent your fruit from sinking to bottom of pan during cooking process. Works like a charm every time.
Benefits of Blueberries
So I reach for blueberries because one they are outstanding in flavor but two all the benefits! Blueberries are packed full of antioxidants and vitamins. It is the perfect way to kickstart the day if you ask me.
- Low Calorie | While blueberries are high in nutrients they are low in calories! This makes them a wonderful snack option.
- Antioxidants | We all know blueberries are a superfood as they are packed full of antioxidants. Studies show they are on of the highest fruits or vegetables to have a high level of antioxidants.
- Cholesterol Levels | What is unique is blueberries help protect cholesterol in your bloodstream from getting damaged. They help reduce oxidized LDL. It has been said blueberries are great for helping prevent heart disease.
- Memory | Improving brain function and memory are two more ways these blue beauties help your mind and body.
There are so many benefits you can find from a simple blueberry. We incorporate blueberries into our diet from smoothies to breakfast cake and all things in between!
Here are a few of my favorite blueberry recipes!
Give this blueberry breakfast cake a try. The Air Fryer setting on the Ninja Foodi really cooks this cake to a light and delicate texture. There is minimal cleanup and the leftovers of this cake are outstanding as well.
Pour a glass of milk or cup of coffee and enjoy the start to another beautiful day.
This Ninja Foodi Buttermilk-Blueberry Breakfast Cake is made to perfection in your Ninja Foodi. This cake was meant to be made in the Foodi!!
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar, set aside 1 tablespoon
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 3/4 cup set in a small bowl, 1/4 of cup set aside
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup buttermilk
- Using a mixer, cream the butter with 1 cup (less 1 tablespoon ) of sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Toss the blueberries with ¼ cup of flour to coat the blueberries & set aside.
- Mix together the remaining flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the batter, and mix with a spatula, folding to incorporate.
- Add buttermilk. Stir.
- Add remaining flour and stir until flour is mixed in. Fold in the blueberries. (Leave excess flour from the blueberry bowl behind.)
- Spray pot well with canola spray.
- Pour batter into your pot.
- Close crisping lid. Select Air Crisp, set temp to 350 degrees and set time to 25 min. Select Start.
- Check your cake after about 15 minutes.
- You will want to keep an eye on your cake to make sure it is not getting to brown on top and is cooking completely through.
- Your cake should be fully cooked between 20-25 minutes. Check with a toothpick to see when it completely cooked.
Adapted from Buttermilk-Blueberry Breakfast Cake