These Instant Pot Blueberry BBQ Ribs are such a delicious way to use up those summer blueberries. I love Blueberries and it is the one fruit that every single one of my boys loves. I always buy as many blueberries as possible in the summer and we really enjoy them. Needless to say, my boys were thrilled with this recipe.
If you have extra blueberries try my delicious Instant Pot Mixed Berry Compote which makes a perfect dessert to finish off the night. Use the compote over Vanilla Ice Cream for a delicious cooldown dessert for some of the spice in the ribs.
Instant Pot Blueberry BBQ Ribs are a delicious way to use those gorgeous blueberries. A sweet spicey Blueberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce makes these the most delicious ribs you will ever taste.
Blueberry BBQ Sauce
- 1 Cup fresh Blueberries
- ½ Cup Onion, Diced
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp.Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp. Mustard
- 1 Tsp. Cumin
- 1 Tsp. Chipotle seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 rack of baby back pork ribs
- 1 C Chicken broth
Blueberry BBQ Sauce
- In a large skillet, over high heat your olive oil and saute' the onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add the blueberries to the onion mixture and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Lightly mash the blueberries with a fork.
- Add the seasonings and toss to coat evenly.
- Add in all of the rest of the ingredients, stir to combine.
- Reduce the heT TO medium and cook for five minutes.
- Pour the blueberry sauce into a blender and puree for 1 minute.
- Store in the refrigerator for a week in a air tight container or mason jar.
- Remove the lining from the bottom side of the ribs.
- Put the metal rack in your pressure cooker.
- Carefully place your ribs inside the pot.
- Stand the ribs on their side.
- Carefully fitting the ribs around the inside of the pot.
- Next carefully pour in chicken broth
- Secure the lid, ensure the vent is closed.
- Press the Meat button, setting for 25 minutes.
- Allowing the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Next quick release the all of the way.
- Carefully remove the ribs from the pressure cooker.
- Transfer the ribs to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Coat your ribs with your BBQ sauce.
- Place the baking sheet under the broiler( on high) for 2 minutes.
- Pull your ribs out and coat again with the blueberry sauce.
- Place back in the broiler for 3 more minutes.
- Remove the ribs from the oven and coat for a 3rd time with the BBQ sauce.
- Enjoy the sticky best ribs ever!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 505Saturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 167mgSodium: 360mgCarbohydrates: 12gSugar: 9gProtein: 44g