Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup is a pasta lovers dream come true. A warm and comforting bowl of soup that can be made in a matter of minutes. Tender cheese tortellini, in a creamy tomato and basil base soup. A must-make recipe for fall.
This Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup is so delicious and creamy, I really needed to stop myself from eating a third bowl. My son has always loved tomato soup and I must agree there is something so classically delicious about tomato soup. This creamy tomato basil tortellini soup is so over the top amazing!
Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup
Making it in your instant pot makes sure that you can have Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup whenever you want it. My son definitely thinks that is the best part of all.
If you love this soup you will definitely want to try my Instant Pot Panera Baked Potato Soup, this is another hearty soup that pair deliciously with a salad and bread for a perfect dinner.
Can You Add Meat To Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup
Absolutely! If you want to make this even heartier, feel free to add in some cooked ground beef or even sausage. Just make sure you cook it up to ground and then add in all the other ingredients and cook.
Can You Use Fresh Tortellini for Instant Pot Tortellini Soup
Unfortunately, fresh pasta does not cook up well in the Instant Pot. Because of the high pressure, it will break apart the pasta. It is best to reach for frozen pasta when you are working with a pressure cooker.
How to Store Leftover Tortellini Soup
You will want to allow your soup to cool, and then transfer into an airtight container. Store in the fridge for 3-4 days. Anything after that use your best judgment in terms of if the soup has gone bad or not.
If you add meat into your soup, you will want to store it for just three days instead of four.
Can You Freeze Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup
Because of the cream used in this recipe, this soup will not freeze and thaw well. The cream will curdle once it is thawed, and it will offer a different texture. If you don’t plan to eat all of this soup before it goes bad, you can half the recipe, so you won’t have as much leftover.
What To Serve With Tomato Tortellini Soup
- Side Sandwich (grilled cheese, ham, turkey, etc)
- Oyster Crackers or even Saltines
- Chopped salad, side salad, etc.
This soup is great to be served as a main dish or opt to pair with a sandwich or salad to offer a lighter version. It is packed full of fresh and bold flavors that you and your family will enjoy.
Can I Double This Tortellini Basil Soup Recipe
Yes, you can double this recipe, if your Instant Pot will hold the contents (depends on the size you own). If you do opt to double this recipe, you will leave the cooking time the same. The soup will just take a bit longer to come to pressure, but don’t adjust the cooking time. It will still cook up perfectly.
If you are wanting something different in terms of soup, I highly recommend my Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup recipe. It is quick to whip up, fresh ingredients and great for young and old.
Delicious Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup will be your new go to recipe. Perfect as a meal with the hearty tortellini and creamy tomato soup.
- 1 (28 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 Cups Chicken broth
- 1 Cups whipping cream, take out of the fridge to allow to reach room temperature a bit
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/2 yellow onion; diced
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped (frozen will work too)
- 1 (19 oz) package frozen cheese tortellini’s
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese for topping
- Add in onion and garlic to the instant pot and set to saute mode. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the basil leaves and the cans of diced tomatoes. Continue to saute to allow the garlic to blend with the tomatoes.
- Add in chicken broth & tortellini.
- Set to high pressure for 4 minutes. Once done let the soup sit for 5 minutes in the pot sealed then release the remainder of the steam carefully. Once steam is released remove the lid.
- Pour in whipping cream slowly and stir. Cook for another 2 minutes till thick and creamy.
- Add in Parmesan cheese. Stir well and serve.
**This recipe makes about 4 servings. If you have a family of 4 or more you will probably want to double the recipe, cook time remains the same.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 344Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 1072mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 10g