This Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup is so delicious and creamy, I really needed to stop myself from eating a third bowl. My son has always loved tomato soup and I must agree there is something so classically delicious about tomato soup. This creamy tomato basil tortellini soup is so over the top amazing!
Making it in your instant pot makes sure that you can have Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup whenever you want it. My son definitely thinks that is the best part of all.
If you love this soup you will definitely want to try my Instant Pot Panera Baked Potato Soup, this is another hearty soup that pair delicious with a salad and bread for a perfect dinner.
- 29 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 half pint whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 package cheese tortellini’s
- 1/2 yellow onion; diced
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- parmesan cheese for topping
- Add in onion and garlic to the instant pot and set to saute mode. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off saute mode. Add half the basil leaves and the can of tomato sauce.
- Set to high pressure for 2 minutes. Quick release pressure when instant pot is done counting.
- Set to saute mode and add tortellini’s. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes until tortellini’s are tender.
- Pour in whipping cream and stir. Cook for another 2 minutes till thick and creamy.
- Additionally, stir in the fresh basil and pepper.