Instant Pot Pasta E Fagioli
It is safe to say fall is in the air, and I am pulling out all my soups recipes to test out, and my tried and trues. This Instant Pot Pasta E Fagioli is outstanding in flavor, hearty, and will warm you up from the inside out. Beans, meat, pasta, and all the fixings come together for one outstanding soup that will win over a crowd any day. A perfect balance between a hearty chili and a brothy soup.
My family heritage is a big mix of various cultures, the one I gravitate towards most in my cooking is my Italian heritage. I LOVE cooking and eating Italian food. Pasta E Fagioli means pasta and beans. Pasta E Fagioli is a traditional Italian dish. It was introduced a peasant dish, being composed of inexpensive ingredients. There are a few different ways that people will make Pasta E Fagioli; this Instant Pot Pasta E Fagioli is one of my favorite versions.
Hearty Pasta E Fagioli
I love a Pasta E Fagioli filled with lots of ground beef and pasta. This version is full of delicious ground beef. This could quickly be served with a nice crusty bread and a salad.
Keep reading till you get to the recipe card for the easiest dump and go Instant Pot freezer directions.
Easy Instant Pot Pasta E Fagioli
I have made this soup on the stove top so many times and finally decided to convert it to my beloved Instant Pot. I think by now it is safe to say you all know how much I love my electric pressure cooker. It swoops in to make speedy, wholesome meals that my family loves. This soup gives you that low and slow-simmered taste but made in a fraction of the time.
If you love hearty soups and stews, and chili recipes, I think you will enjoy this Italian inspired dish. Serve with a crisp green salad, crusty bread, or oyster crackers, and you have a meal that will fuel you!
What is Ditalini Pasta Used For
This recipe calls for ditalini pasta, which is pasta that is used in many rustic Italian soup recipes. They are a smaller pasta that is a better bite size pasta compared to say penne or macaroni. You can find this brand of pasta in your dry pasta area at most mass retailers. If your store doesn’t carry this variety, you can replace it with another type of pasta or shop online.
Tools Used to Make This Pasta E Fagioli
- Instant Pot | Of course, you can use other brands of an electric pressure cooker, we just own the Instant Pot.
- Meat Chopper | This tools is a blessing when it comes to cooking ground meats. It chops up the meat easily!
- Cutting Board and Knife | Chop up those veggies like no one’s business. A nice sharp knife is critical for safety and getting those veggies chopped.
- Measuring cups and spoons | Of course, these are needed in almost any recipe you use. These magnetic spoons are the bomb dot com.
Keep reading till you get to the recipe card for the easiest dump and go Slow Cooker freezer directions.
What To Serve With The Pasta E Fagioli Recipe
- Crisp green side salad with your favorite Italian salad dressing
- Crusty bread with a dollop of butter
Soup and salad is always a win in our home!
Can I Freeze Pasta E Fagioli
If you want to freeze this soup, I recommend holding back the pasta when you are prepping it. Then after you thaw it from the freezer to reheat, add in your pasta and cook it. The pasta will not hold up if frozen very well. It can turn mushy. So, just prepare the soup like you would, without the pasta, freeze, and then when you reheat add in the pasta and cook accordingly. Then you will have a flavorful soup ready to go.
Pasta E Fagioli Freezer Meal
Since you asked, I decided to perfect the Pasta E Fagioli freezer meal. Follow the easy directions below.
Have you ever tried Pasta E Fagioli?
A delicious hearty Instant Pot Pasta Fagioli Soup that will be made quicker than you can sit back down. It tastes like it was slow cooked all day. Delicious!
- 1 pound of lean ground beef (FOR FREEZER MEAL: 1 bag of frozen ground beef)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small diced onion
- 3 cups beef broth or stock
- 1 cup tomato sauce or soup
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced yellow or orange bell pepper
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 can of kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup ditalini pasta
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Step 1: Set Instant pot to sauté function.
- Steps 2-4: Add olive oil, garlic and onion. Cook until garlic is fragrant, and onion is translucent; about 2 minutes.
- Steps 5-6: Add ground beef. Cook until no longer pink, stirring regularly. Drain grease and return to pot.
- Steps 7-8: Add tomato sauce or soup and broth.
- Steps 9-12: Add celery, carrots, and peppers.
- Step 13: Add beans to mixture.
- Step 14: Add pasta
- Steps 15-17: Add seasonings and mix everything together.
- Step 18: Set Instant Pot to high pressure and set cook time for 5 minutes. Make sure venting is off. When timer goes off, do a quick release.
- Serve and enjoy!
To FREEZE: Put cooked & cooled onions & garlic into freezer Ziploc. Put tomato sauce, celery, red bell pepper, yellow pepper, carrots, rinsed kidney beans, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper, all into the freezer Ziploc. Seal bag. Date & include these notes: EMPTY INGREDIENTS OF PASTA FAGIOLI SOUP BAG INTO POT + 1 BAG OF FROZEN GROUND BEEF (APRX. 1 LB) + 3 CUP BEEF BROTH. PC - 5 MIN + QR
- Take 1 bag of frozen ground beef, remove bag from freezer and sit on the counter while preparing dinner. (If in a rush, you can run the bag over warm water to loosen the frozen rice from the Ziploc)
- Empty contents of your pasta fagioli soup freezer bag in to your pot.
- Than add the ground beef in to your pot.
- Pour 3 Cup of beef broth in. Put lid on your pot. Turn to sealing position.
- Pour in 1 cup ditalini pasta (make sure it falls to the bottom with the broth.)
- Manual High pressure for 5 min. When cooking cycle ends do a quick release.
- Give soup a good stir. If any of your soup still seems a bit frozen, put back on PC for 1 or 2 minutes depending on how much more cooking you may need.
Stir. Cover and cook on high for 3-5 hours or low for 5-7 hours or until the vegetables are tender
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 401 Saturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 53mg Sodium: 1145mg Carbohydrates: 33g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 6g Protein: 19g