Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi Cheesy Beef and Potatoes
If you classify as a meat and potato lover, try my Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi cheesy beef and potatoes! Tender and flavorful potatoes mixed with ground beef and seasoned to perfection!
This Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi Cheesy Beef and Potatoes is easy to make and you can make it in either kitchen device! Directions for both are below.
Other Recipe Contenders For Dinner
Comforting Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi Cheesy Beef and Potatoes
Recipes like this that are literally so simple to make are what I reach for more often than not. I say this because in our home we stay busy.
Activities, things we signed up for that eat into weeknights, and the list goes on. I still want to cook hearty meals that are going to fuel my family and that’s why I reach for my Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot.
Fast, energy efficient, and serving up home cooked meals daily! Doesn’t get any better than this! Am I right?
Variations to Cheesy Beef and Potatoes
Looking for a few variations to dress up this dish even more? In that case I have a few ideas I will list below for you!
- Toss in a bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- Or toss in just like corn or green beans (frozen)
- Sliced bell peppers
The reason I say to use frozen is canned vegetables will break down in the Instant Pot a little too much. They will become extremely mushy. Frozen vegetables tend to work easier.
What to Serve with Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi Cheese Beef and Potatoes
While this dish is fantastic on its own you might be looking for more to go with it. Let me share my favorites below!
- Crisp green salad of chopped salad
- A side of steamed vegetables
- A vegetable salad
- Dinner rolls
How Long Will Leftovers of Cheesy Beef and Potatoes Last
When properly stored in refrigerator, expect 2-3 days. At that time you will want to pitch any leftovers.
Best Way to Reheat Cheesy Beef and Potatoes
Use your microwave or oven to reheat your cheesy beef and potatoes. Just heat until warmed and then dive in!
If you make in oven I wrapped in aluminum foil to help keep the dish moist and not dry out when reheating! Works great!
Give this easy weeknight dinner recipe a try today! If you love the ingredients used I really think you will enjoy the end result.
We make this so often because it truly is a family favorite. What’s not to love about meat and potatoes?
Have you tried cheesy beef and potatoes before?
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6-8 russet potatoes, peeled and sliced (1/4" thick)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Place chopped meat in your Instant Pot and saute until browned. Carefully drain off excess grease.
- Place potatoes on top of browned meat, season with onion powder and garlic powder.
- Pour chicken broth over the mixture, close the pressure cooking lid, make sure it’s in the sealing position and turn toggle to seal.
- Set your pot to manual high pressure for 10 minutes. Do a quick release
- Open lid and stir in heavy cream and 1 1/2 cups cheese, Mix well carefully, so you are not turning the potatoes into mush.
- Close the crisping lid.
- Press Air Crisp, temp 390 degrees. Air Crisp for 10 minutes. It will start to get a nice crispy brownish color.
- Open lid, give it a good stir. Close the lid and Air Crisp for another 5 minutes.
- Open lid and pour 1 cup of cheese over the top, smooth to cover the top completely.
- Air Crisp for a few minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Dinner is served!
INSTANT POT USERS
- Transfer mixture to greased baking dish.
- Top with remaining 1 cup shredded cheese, bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted in a preheated 425º F oven.
- Dinner is served!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 644Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 155mgSodium: 442mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 43g