Instant Pot Swiss Chicken is a quick and easy boneless chicken recipe. Tender chicken, boxed Stuffing, Swiss cheese, and more come together for an easy beginner’s style Instant Pot recipe.
This Instant Pot Swiss Chicken is one of the most exciting recipes that I have made so far. One of my all-time favorite recipes is Baked Swiss Chicken Casserole. I discovered Baked Swiss Chicken Casserole is such a delicious creamy comfort food recipe that was one of the first casserole recipes that I ever made.
Instant Pot Swiss Chicken
One of my first mom moments when you realize you can make something more delicious than frozen nuggets or mac & cheese when you are doing your 10,000 mom things and barely have enough time to open up the microwave door.
I really love Baked Swiss Chicken Casserole so much that I was making it at least once a week for quite some time. Because of that, I have such sweet memories attached to that casserole dish.
My boys had all just started school full time so I was just discovering some free Mom time where I could do things, like go to the supermarket without a toddler screaming behind. 🙂 I had the ingredients memorized for the Baked Swiss Chicken Casserole and would buy them often. It is such an easy dish to throw together and it is delicious!
With those sweet delicious memories come the cravings for Baked Swiss Chicken Casserole. It has been so hot here in New Jersey and the last thing I want to do is turn on the oven. I also LOVE my instant pot!!! So welcome Instant Pot Swiss Chicken, this Momma could not be happier.
What Are The Ingredients For Swiss Chicken
- Swiss Cheese
- Chicken Breasts
- Cream of Chicken Soup or Mushroom Soup
- Stove Top Stuffing
- Chicken Broth
You might find you have all these ingredients right in your fridge and pantry. It is a great recipe to toss together and cook which is totally a hands-off dinner. It has saved me from ordering pizza so many times.
Can I Use Frozen Chicken For Instant Pot Swiss Chicken Recipe
Yes, the beauty of the Instant Pot is you can use thawed or frozen chicken. You leave the cooking time the same and all you need to do is prepare the same. It will take your Instant Pot longer to come to pressure but it will still fully cook the chicken.
What Should The Internal Temperature of Chicken Be Once Fully Cooked
You will want to ensure your chicken is 165 degrees. You can use a meat thermometer to check if you would like. Sometimes depending on the thickness of your chicken, it can vary in the cooking time. This recipe should fully cook your chicken but if you find it is a little underdone, simply cook another 5 minutes or so.
What To Serve With Swiss Chicken
- Green Beans
- Steamed or Roasted Vegetables
- Dinner rolls or buttered bread
- Or eat alone and have it be a complete meal
Instant Pot Swiss Chicken makes my heart happy. A delicious comfort meal all in one pot. Creamy delicious chicken and stuffing will warm your tummy.
- 1/4 cup butter cut into small cubes
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless preferred
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 box Stove Top chicken stuffing mix
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Place butter cubes in bottom of the pot. Pour 1/4 cup of chicken broth on the bottom as well.
- Place chicken in IP on top of the butter and top each piece of chicken with a slice of swiss cheese.
- Combine the cream soup with the milk and pour over everything. Make sure liquid makes it to bottom of the pot.
- Pour the stuffing mix evenly over the chicken.
- Pour remaining broth evenly over the stuffing.
- Cover the Instant Pot with the lid then lock the lid in place and set the steam valve to “sealing.” Select 15 minutes of cook time.
- Natural release for 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 540Saturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 216mgSodium: 570mgCarbohydrates: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 60g