Strawberry Shortcake In A Jar is a fun way to eat a dessert we all love that combines fresh strawberries, whipped topping, and angel food cake that is ready in just 10 minutes making it the perfect last-minute dessert for any occasion.
Strawberry Shortcake in a Jar
I have never met anyone who doesn’t love strawberries! They are juicy and full of flavor and are perfect to enjoy pretty much any time of day! One of my favorite things to do is to go to the fruit stand and grab several containers of strawberries to enjoy each week. We love making Strawberry Cheesecake dip, Strawberry Iced tea, Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream, and of course this fun Strawberry shortcake in a jar recipe!
You will love how easy this recipe is to make! It is as simple as prepping the ingredients and layering them in an individually sized dessert for everyone to enjoy! I promise it will be a hit at every gathering you serve them at.
How to make Strawberry Shortcake in a jar
-| In a mixing bowl, toss together the strawberry slices and sweetener. Set aside for 2 to 3 minutes.
-| Drop two or three pieces of the cake into each mason jar.
-| Next, add a layer of sliced strawberries.
-| Top the strawberry layer with a dollop of whipped topping.
-| Repeat the layers one more time in each jar.
-| Top the jars with a dollop of whipped topping.
-| Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- Let your strawberries sit longer! In the recipe, we suggest letting the strawberries sit with the sweetener for about 2 minutes, but you can easily do this for much longer. I have been known to cut the strawberries in the morning, add the sugar, and then cover them and place them in the fridge all day. By the time we are ready to enjoy them, they are so juicy and delicious!
- This recipe is made for individual servings, but you can easily make a strawberry shortcake trifle with this recipe, you will just need to triple the recipe.
- Add chocolate! Who doesn’t love chocolate and strawberries? Drizzle some chocolate on the top if you choose.
- You can swap out the whipped topping for real whipping cream if you would like a richer flavor.
You can store your leftovers in the fridge covered for about 2 days. Over time the angel food cake will start to soak up the liquids and become soggy.
Does Strawberry shortcake need to be refrigerated?
Yes! If you are not enjoying this right away you will want to place it in the fridge. I recommend only refrigerating for up to an hour or two before serving because the angel food cake will become to get soggy as it soaks up the whipped topping.
Strawberry Shortcake In A Jar is a fun way to eat a dessert we all love that combines fresh strawberries, whipped topping, and angel food that is ready in just 10 minutes making it the perfect last-minute dessert for any occasion.
- 6 to 8 pint size mason jars
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sweetener of choice (I used Swerve confectioners but any sweetener will work)
- 1 loaf angel food cake, cut into squares
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, or homemade whipped topping
- In a mixing bowl, toss together the strawberry slices and sweetener. Set aside for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drop two or three pieces of the cake into each mason jar.
- Next, add a layer of sliced strawberries.
- Top the strawberry layer with a dollop of whipped topping.
- Repeat the layers one more time in each jar.
- Top the jars with a dollop of whipped topping.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g