2 ingredient Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Cups are calling your name! A bite-size cinnamon roll that is filled with warm spiced apple pie filling. The ultimate breakfast or dessert! A perfect semi-homemade treat that everyone will love.
Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Cups
Do you ever just crave pie? I know I do! So I wanted to create a recipe that combines cinnamon rolls with a pie filling. It is genius and works well!
How to Make
Step 1: Start by greasing your muffin pan. Then place the cinnamon roll in the pan pressing it down. To make a cup.
Step 2: Top cinnamon rolls with apple pie filling. I did cut down my apples a bit into smaller chunks.
Step 3: Bake in the oven as directed below in the recipe card. When the cups are done, drizzle on the cinnamon roll icing and dive in!
How to Know When Cinnamon Roll Cups Are Done
You will know when your cinnamon roll cups are done by when the cinnamon roll is cooked through. You will see the edges just starting to brown. You can also use a toothpick to test.
If it is no longer doughy the cups are done. You will remove it and place it on a cooling rack.
Could I Use A Different Pie Filling Flavor
Don’t have or like Apple pie filling? Go right ahead and use any pie filling to make these cinnamon roll dessert cups.
If you are serving a crowd feel free to do a mix and match style so you have a variety of flavors to serve up!
How to Store Leftovers
If you have leftovers let me say you are lucky! These cups disappeared so fast in my house.
The kids came running when they smelled that warm cinnamon apple aroma!
Store your cinnamon roll pie cups in the fridge if you have leftovers. They will store for 3-5 days when stored properly.
You can eat it cold from the fridge or place it on a plate and reheat it in the microwave for a fresh out of the oven flavor.
Can I Use Biscuits Instead
Feel free to reach for a biscuit dough to replace the cinnamon rolls. The cinnamon roll offers a nice richness but it can be switched.
You would make just the same and bake until the biscuit is done. As for topping you could make a homemade glaze to drizzle over the top.
Or skip toppings, or even use a caramel sauce to drizzle over for added flavor and sweetness.
Can I Use Homemade Apple Pie Filling
Go right ahead and use homemade pie filling if you have some on hand.
I love having canned pie filling on hand since we use it so much. It will add a tasty homemade spin on this easy dessert recipe.
2 ingredient Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Cups are calling your name! A bite size cinnamon roll that is filled with warm sliced apple pie filling. The ultimate breakfast or dessert!
- 1 Can/Tube Refrigerator Cinnamon Rolls
- 1/2 Can (21 ounces) Apple Pie Filling or 10 ounces homemade apple pie filling
- Muffin Tins or Brownie Tins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spry the muffin tins with canola spray.
- Open your tube of cinnamon rolls.
- Take each cinnamon roll and drop into a muffin cup.
- Press each one into and up the sides of the muffin cup, creating a cup out of cinnamon roll dough.
- Cut the pieces of apples, in your pie filling, into smaller pieces.
- Fill each cinnamon dough cup with aprx. 2 TBSP of pie filling.
- Bake 15-20 minutes. The top edges of your cinnamon rolls with be starting to brown.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the frosting included with your cinnamon rolls over the tops.
- Serve warm & Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 226mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g