Crock Pot Apple Dump Cake is one simple Crock Pot cake recipe you have to make. Apple pie filling, boxed cake mix, and butter. All come together for one of the best dump cake recipes you will have.
Crock Pot Apple Dump Cake
If you have not tried a dump cake you need to! This is a fantastic pantry dessert to have on hand for your sweet cravings.
Just toss the ingredients all together and you can turn your slow cooker on and let it handle the rest.
What Is A Dump Cake
Dump cakes are a classic dessert that have been around for so many years. Many potlucks and church gatherings would make dump cakes for an easy dessert to serve a crowd.
You take pie filling and boxed cake mix and combine the two. Dump into your pan and cook. This is a bit different as we cook it in the slow cooker instead of the oven.
How to Make Crock Pot Apple Dump Cake
Step 1: Use a cooking spray on your crock pot liner.
Step 2: Pour in your apple pie filling and spread it evenly.
Step 3: In a bowl melt your butter and then mix with the cake mix. Pour over the apple pie filling and make sure it is evenly spread.
Step 4: Cook according to the printable recipe card below.
How to Serve Up Your Dump Cake
- Scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Whipped Cream
- Add a sprinkle of cinnamon
- Top with fresh berries
- Sprinkle chopped nuts on top
Storing Leftover Dump Cake
All you need to do is place your leftover cake in an airtight container. Then store in the fridge for up to five days.
You can enjoy your cake cold or you can toss in the microwave for a quick reheat for a fresh out of the oven flavor.
Then serve with a scoop of ice cream and more.
Can You Freeze Leftover Dump Cake
Yes you can freeze your leftover dump cake if you will. Just place in a proper container and toss in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
Thaw in the fridge the night before or toss in the microwave for a quick thaw.
Variations To Dump Cake Recipe
- Swap out the fruit filling with any of your favorite pie fillings
- Toss in some chopped pecans or even walnuts for a nice crunch
- Mix in a little bit of oatmeal to turn this into a cobbler
- Drizzle with caramel sauce for a caramel apple flavor
You can do a ton of different things to make it taste exactly how you would like.
For another delicious crock pot dessert try this incredible Slow Cooker Reese’s Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cake.
Crock Pot Apple Dump Cake is one simple Crock Pot cake recipe you have to make. Apple pie filling, boxed cake mix and butter. All come together for one of the best dump cake recipes you will have.
- 2 Can 21 ounces apple fruit filling or homemade apple pie filling
- 1 Package 15 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 Stick of Butter Melted, salted
- Spray your crock pot with canola spray.
- Place both cans of apple pie filling into your pot. Evenly smooth out the pie filling.
- Pour cake box mix into a medium sized bowl. Pour your melted butter into the cake mix. Mix until your cake mix is fully mixed and crumbly. You do not want any large lumps, so break those apart. You want it to be a nice crumbly mixture.
- Spread the crumbly mix over the top of the pie filling.
- Cook on high for 2 hours. (check at the 2 hour point, it may take up to 30 min longer too finish cooking the cake). Or cook on low for 4 hours (check at the 4 hour point, it may take up to 30 min longer too finish cooking the cake)
- Serve warm & ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 310Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 408mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 2g