5 ingredients are all it takes to make this cherry cheesecake dump cake. A box cake mix gets a makeover with cherries, cream cheese, and is baked to perfection.
This Cherry Cheesecake Dump Cake is so delicious and easy to make. Dump cakes became famous long ago for their ease to make.
Cherry Cheesecake Dump Cake
Check out my Instant Pot Cherry Cheesecake Dump Cake. It is even easier to make in your instant pot!
What Is A Dump Cake
Dump cakes are a dessert that has been around for so many years. Many old school cookbooks showcased dump cakes.
You cake a boxed cake mix, canned fruit, and butter, sometimes other ingredients to whip up a cake or cobbler style cake.
Just dump into a pan and bake in the oven. It magically cooks together perfectly. The butter bakes down into tha cake mix and you have a fluffy cake topping.
Fresh Cherries Or Frozen
In this recipe, you see I use a can of cherry pie filling along with a bag of frozen cherries. Now, if you have fresh cherries you are wanting to use up, go ahead.
Just make sure you pull off the stem and remove the seed. Then mix in instead of the frozen cherries. If working with frozen cherries, you can leave them frozen, no need to thaw.
What Flavor Of Cake Mix To Use
So I used a yellow cake mix but you are more than welcome to reach for a white cake mix or even do chocolate if you want to change it up a bit.
The yellow cake mix pairs really nicely with the cherries. But feel free to change it up if you have a different cake on hand.
Searching For More Dump Cake Recipes
- Peaches and Cream Dump Cake | Here is a fantastic pairing. If you love the classic peaches and cream desserts you will love this moist dump cake.
- Ninja Foodi Apple Dump Cake | I love apples next to cake, so this was a great one for me. If you have a Ninja Foodi try making this dessert in your appliance.
- Lemon Cream Cheese Dump Cake | Calling all lemon lovers. This recipe is one that will go down in history. It is loaded with creamy lemon, cream cheese, and of course your moist cake.
- Instant Pot S’mores Dump Cake | If you are a fan of the classic marshmallow, chocolate, and graham cracker dessert you have to try this s’mores dump cake.
How To Store Cheesecake Dump Cake
You need to store your dump cake in the fridge since the cherries and cream cheese mixture. Cover well or place in an airtight container. Store for up to 5 days. You can eat this cold straight from the fridge or opt to warm up in the microwave. If you do the microwave it gives it that fresh out of the oven flavor and warmth.
Ways To Serve This Easy Dump Cake Recipe
- Whipped Cream
- Drizzle with hot fudge or chocolate syrup
- Ice Cream
- Powdered Sugar
Cherry Cheesecake Dump Cake, easy & delicious
- 1 Can, 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1 Bag frozen cherries
- 4 Ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 Package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, cut into thin slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13' x 9' baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread cherry pie filling and frozen cherries in prepared pan. (I did not use my entire bag of frozen cherries, you can use as many as you like. I used about 3/4 of the bag)
- Scatter cream cheese pieces over cherries.
- Top with cake mix, spreading evenly.
- Top with butter in a single layer. Cover cake mix completely. Its possible that you may need a few extra slices of butter from another stick. You want to make sure all of the cake mix is covered, so use a bit extra butter if needed.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Cool at least 15 minutes before serving. Serve warm if possible.
Adapted from Quick & Easy Dump Cakes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 779Saturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 1234mgCarbohydrates: 108gFiber: 1gSugar: 57gProtein: 6g