Instant Pot S’Mores Dump Cake
OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!! Holy cow this Instant Pot S’Mores Dump Cake is so good it really should come with a warning label. Warning you will become addicted to this chocolate S’Mores deliciousness. This dessert reminds me of something gooey and delicious that I would get out at a restaurant for a really special occasion. It comes out of the instant pot warm, delicious and ready to serve! Have some vanilla ice cream ready to pair with this. You will thank me later.
This recipe was created after I tried my very popular lemon dump cake recipe in my instant pot. It took a little experiment to discover that dump cakes were meant to be made in an instant pot. I truly love it more so when cooked in my instant pot vs the traditional oven way of cooking it.
Instant Pot S'Mores Dump Cake
This is the gooiest delicious Instant Pot S'Mores Dump Cake that could not be easier to make in your instant pot.
- 3.9 oz pkg of chocolate fudge instant pudding (prepared according to package directions)
- 1 Package 15 ounces devil's food cake mix
- 3/4 cup crushed graham crackers, I buy graham cracker pie crusts and crush them in a baggie
- Mini Marshmallows
- 1/2 Cup butter cut into thin slices
- Spray a glass bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put a layer of crushed graham crackers
- Spread prepared chocolate fudge pudding over the top.
- Spread with the remainder of crushed graham crackers.
- Top with mini marshmallows
- Top with the cake mix. ( I only needed about 3/4 of mine)
- Top with butter in a single layer, trying to cover all areas of cake mix leaving none exposed.
- Place your trivet in your instant pot with one cup of water.
- Place your bowl on the trivet.
- Place your pot on MANUAL HIGH PRESSURE for 35 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Your toothpick inserted should come out clean.
Serve as is in your glass bowl. Scoop out with a big spoon. Serve it warm or cold. With ice cream or without.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 368Saturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 602mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g
Do I mix the cake mix as directed? Or am i supposed to use only the dry mix? I’m confused
you use the dry cake mix. Then just make sure you have a nice even layer of butter covering every spot of the dry mix on top. The butter will melt and be the moisture you need to cook the cake mix.
do you have to use glass bowl?
no, you can use any bowl suitable for your instant pot 🙂
What size bowl?
I use a 1.5L pyrex bowl in my 8qt pot.
I made this cake yesterday and followed the directions to a “T”. When it was done, some of the cake mix was still powdery, what did I do wrong, I did make sure that the cake mix was completely covered with butter. I want to make this again for a class, but don’t want it to turn out like that again, please any comments or help would be appreciated. Thanks
Try a bit more on the butter. I have used more than a stick of butter at times. Keep your cake mix layer to only about 1 inch thick. If you have too thick a layer the butter wont get down deep enough to moisten it all.