Instant Pot Elderberry Gummies is a great way to help boost your immunity to ward off sickness. Elderberry Gummies are chewy, sweet, and wonderful for kids and adults to enjoy.
This year the flu has me really nervous. Last year, my son Maxx, got the flu and it was terrifying. I really never want to hear those words again, so this year I am doing all I can to prevent it.
This year the cold and flu season seems to be running longer and definitely more severe. I have been a long-time user of extra vitamin C and echinacea in the winter as extra protection.
This year I decided to test out the magic healing properties of the elderberry. The elderberry is an excellent general immune system booster.
Benefits of Elderberry
Other benefits of the elderberry include sinus infection aid, lowers blood sugar, it is a natural diuretic, a natural laxative, helps ease allergies, is anti-inflammatory, and may help prevent cancer.
With all of these benefits, these Homemade Elderberry Gummies are going to become part of our regular health routine.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Relief
Ever since my diagnosis with rheumatoid arthritis I have been implementing healthy lifestyle options and some bits of homeopathic medicine. My biggest battle has been with severe inflammation and the elderberry has been gained a lot of recognition as being a great aid to reduce inflammation. Just another amazing benefit for many chronic illness patients.
The ingredients for the syrup at super easy to find. I even located dried Elderberries on Amazon. I have lined up all of my ingredients to create the syrup.
Can I Use A Different Mold For Elderberry Gummies
Yes, you don’t have to use the exact mold I purchased. Any smaller mold will work that way you get small cubed gummies out of the mixture. If you do larger gummies you will need to cut them to be an appropriate size.
How Many Elderberry Gummies Do You Take A Day
If no symptoms of sickness are around you can take 1-2 gummies a day. If you feel you are getting sick or around someone who is sick take 2-3 gummies a day.
How to Store Elderberry Gummies
Keep your gummies in the fridge in an airtight container. If you leave them on the counter they will melt and go bad fast. Store in fridge and enjoy chilled.
How Long Will Elderberry Gummies Last
To be honest these go rather fast in our home. There is enough of us that we get them eaten pretty quickly. You could keep your gummies for up to 2 weeks in the fridge. Just make sure the container is airtight to prevent gummies from going bad.
Does Elderberry Syrup Really Work?
I am not a doctor but I can say when we have gotten sick in the past and taken these gummies, it has helped shorten the duration of the illness.
Plus you saw above I use it for my RA to help with inflammation. There are so many benefits of Elderberry syrup and in gummy form. In our family, we enjoy them and believe they help.
It’s not a cure-all and I won’t claim that. You still could get sick even if you eat them. These gummies work in helping to boost immunity and if you do catch something to limit the sickness time.
Can You Take Too Many Elderberry Gummies
Yes. Just like any other supplements or vitamins you take you need to follow the directions. Too many are not good for your body and can make you feel a little sick.
Taking extra isn’t going to build your body up even more if can actually make you feel sick.
Can You Take Elderberry Year Round
Of course! You don’t have to limit these gummies to cold and flu season. Feel free to make it all year round. Because Elderberry orders so many natural health benefits it makes it wonderful to use year-round!
Have you ever made Elderberry Gummies?
People have been making Elderberry Syrup on the stove for years. Now simplify it by making it in your instant pot and then making this delicious gummy recipe.
- Place water, Elderberries, Ginger, cloves and Cinnamon in the Instant Pot
- Place your Instant Pot on Manual High pressure for 7 minutes
- Do a quick release
- Strain with a mesh strainer into a bowl and press berries to release all juices
- Let cool about 10-15 minutes
- Stir in Honey
- Transfer to a mason jar with a lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
- **** See below for gummy directions.
DIRECTIONS FOR STOVE TOP
1. Place the water, elderberries, ginger, cinnamon sticks and whole cloves into a medium pan.
2. Heat over medium heat until boiling. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, reducing the liquid by half.
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool at room temperature for 10 minutes. Pour the warm elderberry liquid into a mesh strainer (over a bowl to catch the liquid). Using the back of a large spoon, mash the elderberries into the bottom of the strainer to squeeze out the juice. Discard the contents left in the strainer.
4. Cool the liquid for an additional 15 minutes at room temperature. Add the honey and stir well. Transfer to a glass container or mason jar with a lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
**** See below for gummy directions.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 25Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 0g
Now for the gummies – gather all of your ingredients
For another great version of the Instant Pot Elderberry Syrup recipe check out Adventures of a Nurse & Recipes