Instant Vortex Plus Omni Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Wings
Get game day ready with these crispy skinned Instant Vortex Plus Omni Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Wings. You get a deep fried skin without the grease or the deep fried mess. These Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Wings are heaven!
An Air Fried Chicken Wing that is crispy skin and juicy meat on the inside. Grab a napkin cause you will want to devour these incredible wings.
Air Fryer Crispy Wings
If you love game day parties, or have a birthday party coming and want a tasty appetizer try these wings. I actually made them for Sunday night Football and my boys and husband begged for more.
How Many Wings Can You Cook In Air Fryer
Because I used the racks I found I was able to place more wings into the air fryer. Now depending on the size of your wings and air fryer model will depend greatly how many you can fit.
Should I use my trays or my basket?
I have found that you will get the crispiest wings using the trays vs the basket.
Can You Stack Wings In Air Fryer Instant Vortex
I used the racks and did Wings that way. You can use multiple racks at a time. If you find the bottom set needs to be crispier, pull top rack and move bottom rack up.
Are Air Fryers Safe
Yes! An air fryer is a great alternative to deep frying. You get that crispy outside texture just by hot air circulating. You will use minimal oil to no oil depending on the recipe. It is mainly just spaying racks to prevent sticking.
Can I Double The Recipe
Absolutely! Make as many or as few as you would like with these wings. The biggest thing is to leave space between each wing. You do not want your wings to touch or you will end up with spots that are not crispy.
So batch cook and make sure there is space for air to circulate. Set the cook time long enough on your Vortex to keep cooking your wings without having to stop to reheat again. You can open the door to switch out racks as necessary so you can keep putting out new batches of wings.
How to Keep Wings Warm
If you are batch cooking your wings you can place cooked wings in a pan and lightly wrap in aluminum foil, and place in a 200 degree oven. This will keep the first wings warm while the rest get cooked.
How Long Will Wings Store
You can store them in the fridge for 3 days, or place in freezer bag and freeze up to 3 months. Wings are not as crispy Leftover but I think they still taste good!
Give this chicken wing recipe a try and let me know what you think!
For more great recipes for your Instant Vortex click HERE.
- 12-24 Chicken Chicken Wingettes
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth or Water
- Season All
- 1/4 Cup melted butter
- Wash & pat the wings dry.
- Place the drip pan in the bottom of the cooking chamber. Using the display panel, touch AIR FRY then adjust the temp to 400 degrees, set the time to 30 minutes, touch START.
- Baste melted butter over the wings.
- Give a good sprinkle of Season All.
- When the display indicates “Add Food” place both racks of wings/wingettes inside. Close the door and turn on the light to watch the top rack that they do not over crisp.
- You want to switch the racks at about the 15 minute mark. Once I moved the racks, I waited about 5 minutes and flipped each wing over to crisp each side evenly.
- My wingettes were perfect after 30 minutes. If you are cooking larger wings you may need an extra 5 minutes.
**If your wings are frozen, Add at least 5 minutes cook time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 863Total Fat: 55gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 357mgSodium: 472mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 86g