Instant Pot 3 Packet Pot Roast is one of my go-to ways to make a pot roast in the Instant Pot. It is called 3 packet pot roast because you use 3 packets of seasoning. This will create the most tender and juicy roast you will ever have.
Don’t worry there are veggies in it too. This is a complete dinner to serve up your family any day of the week. I added in carrots and potatoes so that you can take the gravy that is created and spoon over the potatoes. This is the perfect Sunday pot roast to serve up your family.
Instant Pot 3 Packet Pot Roast
I have seen so many people show a super dry or tough pot roast in the Instant Pot world. I have the perfect recipe that gives you that fork-tender texture every time. Plus the flavor is on point and one that my family gobbles up over and over again.
How To Make 3 Packet Pot Roast In Instant Pot
- Start by placing your roast and first set of ingredients into your Instant Pot.
- Cook 60 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Toss in your carrots and potatoes, and then cook an additional 12 minutes.
- Follow by a quick release.
- Then add in cornstarch slurry to thicken up the sauce and use that as a gravy for meat and potatoes.
The full instructions are below. It is crazy simple to make, and boy oh boy is it a melt in your mouth roast recipe.
What To Serve With Instant Pot Roast
- Veggies Cooked with the roast
- Dinner Rolls
- Mashed potatoes (if you don’t add potatoes in to be cooked)
- Side of veggies like broccoli, green beans, etc.
There is no wrong side dish to pair next to the roast. Do whatever you and your family enjoy eating.
What Is The Best Cut Of Beef For A Roast
Because you are pressure cooking your roast, it is going to give you that extra soft and tender texture. So you can use any type of roast you would like. Chuck roast is very popular since it has a nice marble to it. This will offer flavor, tenderness, and more to your roast.
- Chuck Arm
Now depending on where you will depend on cuts of beef in your area. You also might find depending on location cuts might be called something slightly different.
What Kind Of Roast Falls Apart
This recipe right here will fall apart for you. The packets add tons of flavor, the pressure cooking breaks down the roast, and really infuses the flavors. You will find that this is a tried and true roast recipe.
Can I Cook This 3 Packet Roast In The Slow Cooker
You sure can. Just put all the ingredients in the slow cooker and turn on low and cook 6-8 hours or until the roast is tender. If you find you need to add a bit more liquid go ahead and add some beef broth.
Give this 3 packet Instant Pot roast recipe and let me know what you think!
- 1 2-3 lb beef roast
- 1 TBSP of Olive Oil
- 1 Cup beef broth
- 1 pkg brown gravy
- 1 pkg ranch dressing mix
- 1 pkg Italian dressing mix
- 1 lb bag baby carrots
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- 1 - 2 TBSP corn starch
- Mix all 3 packets together and mix well so seasonings are all blended.
- Rub seasoning mixture all over your meat. Coat it well.
- Turn pot on to saute, add in olive oil and brown meat on all sides.
- If any bits burnt on the bottom of your pan, remove meat from the pot, set aside. Pour 1 cup of beef broth into your pot and give it all a good scraping, removing all of those yummy bits into your broth. Put meat back into the pot.
- Set your pot to manual high pressure for 60 minutes. *Do a quick release.
- Remove your lid and add in your baby carrots and baby potatoes.
- Set your pot to manual high pressure for 12 minutes. Do a quick release.
- Remove your meat and veggies from the pot.
- Place pot on saute and bring broth to a boil
- Add in cornstarch slurry continue cooking for 1-2 minutes until you reach the desired thickness.
- Pour juices over the meat and enjoy!
* If you opt to not use potatoes and carrots, do a natural release for 15 minutes and than jump back into step #8.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1154 Total Fat: 68g Saturated Fat: 27g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 33g Cholesterol: 409mg Sodium: 792mg Carbohydrates: 22g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 106g