This Instant Pot Cowboy Casserole is going to lead straight to your husband’s heart. A delicious meaty bean potato cheesy dish. Serve it with crusty bread and call it dinner. This is the dish the entire family will love every bit of and ask for seconds. This is the perfect dish for a busy weeknight meal.
I love to make my boys a nice warm lunch on a cold winter day, this is just the perfect dish for that. I love pot in pot cooking for the ease of cooking and cleanup.
For a perfect pot in pot dessert try my Instant Pot Apple Dump Cake, you will love it!
- 2 cups ground beef, browned
- 2 to 3 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can, 10 ounces tomatoes with diced peppers
- 1 can, 15.5 ounces kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 cup water, plus minimum required by your pressure cooker manufacturer
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- This recipe requires the pot in pot method. If you do not have a pot to place inside the pressure cooker pot, create a sling/pot using aluminum foil.
- Add one cup of water and a trivet in your pot, Place your pan on the trivet using a foil sling.
- To the sling/pot, place potatoes using salt and pepper to season well. Top with onion, cooked ground beef, beans, tomatoes, and seasonings. Add 1/4 cup water over the top of the casserole.
- Cover the instant pot and set the valve to sealing. Cook on manual or pressure cook setting for 30 minutes. Carefully use the quick release to depressurize the cooker. Stir the casserole.
- Cover with cheese and replace the lid until melted. Serve.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 280 Saturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 73mg Sodium: 175mg Carbohydrates: 2g Protein: 17g