This Instant Pot S’more Bread Pudding is such a delicious take on the classic bread pudding. Bread pudding early on was a way for frugal cooks to use stale, leftover bread instead of letting it go to waste. In 13th century England, bread pudding was known as “poor man’s pudding,” as it was a popular dish with the lower class.
Making your bread pudding in your instant pot brings baking to a whole new level of ease. You no longer need to have your oven on for hours.
Instant Pot S'more Bread Pudding with a Crown Royal Chocolate Sauce is such a delicious treat that you can make in a fifth of the time in your instant pot.
- 5 cups French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup milk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows, divided
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips, divided
- ½ cup coarsely broken graham crackers
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. Crown Royal
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Spray a pan/bundt with cooking spray.
- Chop your bread into large chunks.
- Place bread in the pan/bundt.
- In a medium bowl add your eggs, sweetened condensed milk, whole milk and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add ½ of the marshmallows and ½ of the chocolate chips over the bread.
- Toss to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread and hand toss and lightly press the bread down to make sure all the bread is coated with the egg mixture.
- Place in your refrigerator for 10 minutes to set.
- Add ¾ of the graham crackers over the top of the bread.
- Add one cup of water to your Instant Pot and set in the trivet.
- Cover your bread pudding with foil.
- Place your bread pudding on the trivet and set your Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked allow for a 20 minute natural pressure release.
- Remove the bread pudding from the Instant Pot.
Make your Crown sauce:
- In a medium sauce pan add the brown sugar and butter in over medium heat.
- Stir until melted and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add cream, Crown, and cinnamon and bring to simmer. Simmer until sauce thickens and is reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 5 minutes.
- Pour over your sliced pieces.
- Garnish with the remaining marshmallows, chocolate chips and graham crackers over the top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 512Saturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 137mgSodium: 314mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 1gSugar: 45gProtein: 7g