Keto jalapeño popper stuffed chicken is one outstanding dinner the whole family will enjoy. Tender, juicy chicken that is stuffed with a cheesy jalapeño and baked to golden brown perfection. J
These Keto Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken are what cheesy spicy delicious dreams are made from. If you are like me the key to your dieting success is delicious tasty foods that make you forget that you are eating something that fits within your restrictions.
Keto Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
This is one of those meals that you would eat regardless if you were on a diet or not. Of course, the greatest appeal of the keto diet is that the foods are delicious and you lose a lot of weight. It is a win-win.
I could barely wait to eat this once I pulled it out of the oven. Look at how delicious it looked!
How Do You Stuff A Chicken Breast
I will admit I was intimidated the first time I stuffed a chicken breast. The key is to not completely slice through the chicken but to cut to make a pocket in the meat. Then prep your jalapeño, place in the pocket and close it using a toothpick.
It is truly easy, and don’t feel intimidated! Once you do it once it will be something you learn and grow better each time.
What To Serve With Keto Jalapeno Popper Chicken
If you are on the Keto diet reach for a veggie, cauliflower mash or cauli-rice. Or opt for a light salad. If you are not Keto try mashed potatoes, dinner roll or if you want lighter a green veggie like broccoli, green beans or asparagus are nice.
Can I Double The Stuffed Chicken Recipe
Yes! This recipe is easy to adapt to your needs. Make as much or as little as you would like to fit your needs. This is a great recipe to serve a crowd.
What Does The Pork Rinds Taste Like On Top of Chicken
The pork rinds on top that are crushed fine will mimic a bread crumb coating. This is going to offer a bit of a crunch factor to your stuffed chicken. It is a lower carb version so you don’t miss the texture of the bread crumbs on top. Just reach for an original or plain pork rind to use. Don’t reach for a flavored version.
Can I Swap Out Cheddar Jack Cheese For Sharp
Of course. Feel free to swap out your cheese to what fits your taste buds. We prefer cheddar jack but if you like more sharpness in your cheese reach for sharp or even extra sharp cheese.
How Long Will Stuffed Chicken Store In Fridge
You can keep your leftover chicken in the fridge for up to three days. Use your best judgment on when you feel it is best to toss out any leftovers. It will get a bit soggy on top, so know that it is best when served fresh.
Best Way To Reheat Stuffed Chicken
You can place leftover chicken in a pan and cover with aluminum foil and warm up in the oven, or just reheat in the microwave. If you do the oven it helps to offer a more crispy texture than the microwave, but either will work.
If you love jalapeno poppers than I think you will love this lighter chicken version. Low carb, tasty, and jam-packed with flavor.
These Keto Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken are what cheesy spicy delicious dreams are made from.
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Large jalapeno peppers
- 4 oz. Cream cheese
- 2 oz. Cheddar jack shredded cheese
- 1 Egg beaten
- 4 tbsp. Almond flour
- 1.5 oz. Crushed pork rind crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- With a sharp knife, make a cut lengthwise in each chicken breast to create a little pocket in the center. Do not slice all of the way through the chicken breast and cut it into two pieces. Instead, make an incision that allows you to make a space in the center to be stuffed.
- Place 4 oz. of softened cream cheese and 2 oz. of shredded cheddar jack cheese into a mixing bowl, and combine them together with a fork.
- Cut the top off of each of the jalapeno peppers, cut them in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out and discard the seeds.
- Stuff one half of each pepper with the cheese filling. Mound the filling up a bit within the pepper half. Put the two slices of each jalapeno pepper back together again so that it forms a whole stuffed jalapeno.
- Place one stuffed jalapeno pepper inside the pocket of each chicken breast, and close the chicken breast down around it. If you cannot do this, you can secure the chicken breast closed with some cotton thread or a toothpick.
- Place the beaten egg in a shallow bowl, and lay the almond flour and crushed pork rind crumbs on two separate plates.
- Dip each chicken breast in the almond flour, egg and then the crushed pork rind crumbs, being sure to coat both sides.
- Top each chicken breast with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken on a baking rack or baking sheet, and cook for 25-35 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the top is browned and crispy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 444Saturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 169mgSodium: 521mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 40g