Love pizza but can’t because of the carbs? This Keto Chicken Pizza will win you over. Juicy chicken that is seasoned and topped with marinara, pepperoni and cheese and baked until golden brown. Serve this low carb pizza chicken today.
This Keto Pizza Chicken is such a delicious Keto Low Carb treat. The number one reason people fail on a diet is because they get bored of eating the same boring things over and over. They do not take the time to prepare options that are delicious.
Keto Pizza Chicken
A keto diet can be filled with some of the most delicious dishes. That is the beauty of the keto diet.
Keto Pizza Chicken is a healthier take on Keto Pizza Chicken Skillet. You get flavors of pizza without the heavy carbs weighing you down.
What is the Best Cut of Chicken for Keto Pizza Chicken
You will want to use boneless chicken breasts. Or if you have chicken tenderloins you can use them as well to replace the whole chicken breasts. You wouldn’t need to slice the tenderloins thinner, just season, pan fry and bake.
Variations to Pizza Chicken
If you wanted to play up the toppings on this recipe go for it! Let me share some of our favorite pizza toppings.
- Salami or Canadian bacon
- Black olives
- Or any other pizza topping you enjoy
Why Do You Pan Fry Before Baking
You want to pan fry the chicken to help add texture to the chicken but also really create a layer of flavor. It sears in all those seasonings so it doesn’t bake off of it as it cooks. You will notice a night and day difference by how it tastes of you skip pan frying.
Best Way To Store Leftover Pizza Chicken
Store your leftovers in an airtight container or covered pan in the fridge. This chicken will store for up to three days. Use your best judgement on when it will need to be tossed out.
What to Serve With Pizza Chicken
- Low Carb Options | zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash, cauliflower rice, steamed vegetables, salad or cloud bread.
- Non- Low Carb Options | pasta, rice, mashed potatoes, garlic bread, or breadsticks.
Can You Freeze Pizza Chicken
I haven’t tried freezing but with ingredients used I think you could. Just place in freezer friendly containers and store in freezer for up to three months.
When you are ready to eat thaw in the fridge the night before, or place in oven frozen to warm up.
Pizza Chicken For Meal Prepping for Week
This is one recipe I use to meal prep for me and my family. I place in single serve containers and then add in zucchini noodles or whatever sides I want and toss in fridge.
I pack them for lunch and even treat myself to it for lunch at home. If reheats so nicely. My kids even like it cold.
I know there are true pizza recipes out there that are Keto friendly. I just find this chicken topped with all the goodies of pizza is filling, delicious and a meal my whole family can enjoy.
So if you are on the hunt for change whether keto or not, try this recipe!
Keto Pizza Chicken is a delicious low carb keto dinner. Baked not fried. Great dish for meal planning.
- 3 Large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 12 tbsp. Low carb Marinara sauce
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese
- 24 Pepperoni slices
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the three chicken breasts in half lengthwise to create 6 pieces of chicken.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoon of garlic powder evenly over both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Add ½ teaspoon of basil to each side of the chicken breasts.
- Apply salt and pepper to taste to each side of the chicken.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet has come to temperature, add the chicken breasts. Sear them for 1-2 minutes on each side without moving, so that they get some good color.
- Place the chicken breasts in a single layer in a casserole dish or other baking pan with high sides.
- Cover each piece of chicken breast with two tablespoons of a low carb marinara sauce. You can substitute this with any other low carb pasta or pizza sauce of your choosing, just make sure that sugar is not in the ingredients.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over top of the chicken breasts.
- Top each chicken breast with four slices of pepperoni.
- Bake the chicken for 30-40 minutes or until the toppings have browned, and the chicken is cooked through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256 Saturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 75mg Sodium: 609mg Carbohydrates: 3g Sugar: 1g Protein: 23g