Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Casserole is one of our favorite weeknight dinners. Diced chicken, bacon, pasta, cheese, and more. This is an easy and quick weeknight Instant Pot dinner idea.
This Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Casserole is so creamy and delicious. Not to mention so easy to make. I remember when Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Bake was all the rage on Pinterest.
Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
I made it many nights and my boys loved it every time. This instant pot version is a delicious take-off of the Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Bake. Needless to say, my boys are thrilled to have an instant pot version since I have been cooking 90% of the time in my instant pot only.
What Is Best Chicken To Use
You can use chicken breast or tenderloins for this recipe. Either works great. Boneless chicken is best as it is mixed throughout the pasta and sauce.
If you have pre-cooked chicken, then just stir it in at the very end after it is cooked to incorporate and if needed turn to saute to heat the chicken to warm it up. If you are using frozen chicken, place it in when you cook the pasta so it thaws completely.
What Type of Pasta To Use
I used bowtie pasta but truly any style of smaller pasta will work. Rotini, elbow, shells, etc are all great options. You will find larger style pasta like angel hair or spaghetti can work if you break it up a bit.
I found it incorporated the best with small pasta so you could stir easily.
Why Do You Saute Chicken First
You will find that sauting your chicken first is going to offer a great texture and lock in flavor. If you didn’t want to saute you could skip but you will find it will change the texture of the dish.
Also, you need to use cooked bacon, if you don’t cook bacon it will not be cooked through. So take the step to saute the bacon or even cook on the stove if you don’t want to cook it in the Instant Pot.
How To Store Leftover Chicken Bacon Pasta
All you have to do is store your pasta in an airtight container in the fridge. This will store for up to three days. Anything after you can use your best judgement.
I have used this to meal prep for my husband as he heads of to work. He just reheats in the microwave and he has a warm lunch while he is away.
It does keep well and the flavor stays great even when reheated. If it becomes thicker you can add a splash of milk to stir in to help thin it up. If you do, I recommend pouring a very little amount so you don’t make it too thin
What To Serve With Chicken Bacon Pasta
- Fresh vegetables steamed, sauteed, etc
- Bread, rolls, etc
- Green Salad
You can honestly pair any or all of your favorite recipes next to your Instant Pot pasta recipe. The one thing is mix and match whatever sides you want. It is incredible. We tend to do vegetable dish and salad.
Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Casserole is delicious and creamy. Super easy to make in your instant pot and just as delicious as the baked version.
- 1 pound of bacon chopped
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound of chicken cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 small can of cream of chicken or mushroom soup
- 1/2 cups of milk
- 4 ounces of cream cheese cut into cubes.
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 package of ranch dressing mix
- (8 oz.) of any small dried pasta, we used mini bow ties
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Step 1: Set Instant pot to sauté function. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and bacon. Cook bacon until crispy. Set bacon aside. If you want to use the bacon grease for the next step, or you can drain it.
- Steps 3-6: Add remaining olive oil, butter, garlic and chicken. Stir often, until chicken is brown, but not cooked all the way through.
- Steps 7-9: Add soup and milk to broth and mix well. Pour into pot.
- Step 10: Add cream cheese.
- Steps 11-12: Add onion powder and ranch.
- Step 13: Add pasta.
- Step 14: Set Instant Pot to high pressure and set cook time for 5 minutes. Make sure venting is off. When timer goes off, do a natural release.
- Step 15: This step is optional! My husband likes his cheese on the Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole to be melted in the oven in a casserole dish. If you don’t want to do that, just add the cheese in step 14 and allow to melt.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 630Saturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 134mgSodium: 1084mgCarbohydrates: 5gSugar: 1gProtein: 26g