This chicken bacon ranch pasta bake is just delicious! It is pretty rare that my husband takes the time to tell me how delicious something is (yes, he is spoiled! LOL) and he took the time to tell me on this one. My kids all loved it. I loved it. It was a huge hit all around.
There is always something comforting about pasta. I loved being able to pull this out of the oven, add a nice side salad, some warm bread and dinner was served!
There are many ways to change this recipe up. I used tri-color rotini pasta for a little extra color but you can use any pasta you have. I also think I may try this using rice instead of pasta, I suspect it will be equally delicious!
You will make your own creamy delicious alfredo sauce, you can opt to buy a jar of Alfredo sauce to make this a really quick meal. This recipe really comes together pretty quickly.
I think I need to run downstairs and warm up a plate of leftovers! This is making me so hungry for this creamy bit of pasta heaven.
If you love this then you will really love my Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Casserole. It is the same delicious taste just done in the convenience of your instant pot. Let me just say, OMG!
- 6 Slices Bacon
- 6- 9 Pieces of Chicken Tenders or 2 -3 Chicken Thighs, whatever chicken is on sale
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Ranch Salad Dressing Mix
- 8 Ounces of Pasta
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Alfredo Sauce or use jar sauce.
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Grated Parmesan
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Start making Alfredo sauce or get your jar out and ready to go. For Alfredo, melt butter in a saucepan and add in garlic. Cook for a few minutes, allowing to brown a tiny bit. Slowly add in heavy cream while whisking. Continue to add all of heavy cream while whisking and cooking the whole time. Start adding in Parmesan cheese. Cook for just a few minutes until it starts to slightly thicken. You don't want it too thick. Set aside.
- Now start cooking your bacon. Add bacon to heated skillet. Cook until crispy. Drain on paper towels. Pour out all but about 1 TBSP of bacon greese.
- In a large ziploc bag, add 1 TBSP of Olive Oil, 1 TBSP ranch salad dressing mix. Add in raw meat. Shake well to coat. Place in skillet and cook 3 minutes per side (until cook through). Set cooked chicken aside and cut into large bite sized pieces.
- Cook Pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta once cooked and now start assembling.
- Start with pasta as bottom layer in your prepared baking dish. Than layer chicken on top of pasta. Now pour your Alfredo sauce across the chicken and pasta. You do want your pasta to get a bit moist with enough Alfredo sauce. Cover well with your cheeses and crumbled bacon.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Damn Delicious