Do you want to make a delicious, home-cooked meal without the hassle and time of hours in the kitchen? If so, then Chicken Parmesan Sliders is just the recipe for you! This easy, weeknight dinner is a new spin on the classic chicken parmesan dish. Imagine tender chicken, covered in marinara sauce, topped with fresh mozzarella and served on delicious slider buns. In this article, you will learn the step-by-step instructions for creating this delicious meal in your own kitchen – it’s downright irresistible! This meal is not only tasty, but it packs a good nutritional punch, with each slider containing only 160 calories per serving. In just 35 minutes, you can have a delicious and healthy meal that the whole family will enjoy. So, get ready to gather your ingredients and fire up the oven – it’s time to make some Chicken Parmesan Sliders!
Chicken Parmesan Sliders
Cook up and shred chicken or use up leftover rotisserie chicken. Either route you will love this recipe.
I made these up and my kids went nuts over them. They begged me to make more, cause there is something about chicken, tomato sauce, and cheese that just works well together!
Could I Use Breaded Chicken Instead
If you are wanting a breaded chicken instead of shredded, you could probably use chicken nuggets or even chicken strips. It would give you that breaded chicken that would add more flavor.
I would almost look at the cook time and pre-cook the nuggets or chicken strips part of the way to ensure they fully cook.
How to Make
Step 1: Slice your buns in half, so you can stuff them full of all your tasty toppings.
Step 2: Now you will add on your shredded or breaded chicken, sauce, mozzarella and then top with your buns. Make sure to have all toppings spread evenly for an even cook.
Step 3: Top your buns with the butter spread and then bake as directed in the printable recipe card below.
Once done cut the buns and serve up with your favorite sides!
What to Pair With Chicken Sliders
Feel free to reach for any or all your favorites. You will love these.
Can I Serve These Sliders As An Appetizer
Chicken Parmesan Sliders can be a great appetizer for your game day parties. Or even a fun treat to serve next to a pool full of hungry kids and adults.
No matter the time of year, rain or shine these sliders are a fantastic lunch, dinner or appetizer.
If you have leftover sandwiches simply place them in an airtight container and store in the fridge. Then you can reheat in the microwave or cover with foil and warm up in the oven. Either way these reheat nicely.
Or if you don’t want to reheat, sink your teeth into them cold. My kids gobble them up for snacks, lunch and any chance they get.
I think if you are a fan of chicken parmesan you will love this slider version.
Chicken Parmesan Sliders is such an easy and delicious chicken parmesan recipe. Tender chicken, marinara, fresh mozzarella on delicious slider buns. An easy weeknight dinner you will want to make over and over again.
- 12 Pack Hawaiian Sliders
- 3 Cups shredded chicken, you can use a rotisserie chicken*
- 3/4 - 1 cup Spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella sliced (shredded mozzarella works great too)
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- BUTTER MIXTURE**
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 TSP Garlic Powder
- 1 TSP Dried Basil
- 1/2 Melted Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the bottom of a pan (large enough to fit your rolls, laying flat). Lightly spray the foil with canola spray.
- Cut your sliders in half, separating the top from the bottom. Put the bottom half in the bottom of your pan.
- Spread chicken evenly across the bottom bread.
- Spread the spaghetti sauce evenly on top of the chicken.
- Place mozzarella slices evenly across the top.
- Place basil leaves on top of the mozzarella. Use as many as you like.
- Melt butter. Add in grated Parmesan, garlic powder, & dried basil.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter. You will have extra butter leftover.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes or until your rolls are just getting a nice toasty finish.
- Cut & serve.
*You can also opt to use breaded chicken breasts, from frozen or fresh. or sliced grilled chicken breasts
**This will make more than you need. 1/2 the amount will not make enough
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 357mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 21g