Chicken Tetrazzini is a comfort in a dish as it combines pasta, chicken, alfredo sauce, and cheese. This creamy dish is cheesy and the perfect pasta bake to feed your family tonight.
I love easy dishes! Like there is nothing better than a one-dish wonder that has limited dishes to wash and requires very little prep time. I rely on these meals on busy nights to feed our family. Some of our favorite easy dishes are spaghetti pie, Instant Pot Lazy Lasagna, and of course this chicken tetrazzini.
Chicken tetrazzini is an inexpensive casserole that uses chicken, pasta, alfredo sauce, and cheese. It is a one-pot wonder that impresses every single time. It is a family favorite that my kids are always asking for! I of course love it because I can make ahead of time and even freeze!
How to Make Chicken Tetrazzini
In a skillet cook onions and garlic. After a few minutes add in your frozen vegetables. Add in both jars of Alfredo sauce. Add your cut-up chicken pieces. Simmer until sauce and chicken is heated well.
Mix your sauce with your spaghetti and transfer into your baking dish. (I used my Lodge Cast Iron 3.6 Quart Enamel Cast Iron Casserole Dish so that I did not have to transfer it to a baking dish.) Brown/toast your bread crumbs. Mix with grated parmesan cheese. Sprinkle mixture over your Chicken Tetrazzini coating it with a nice even spread of the bread crumb mix. Bake uncovered 25 minutes. Remove once your breadcrumbs are starting to brown.
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- Short on time? Grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store to use. The flavor is perfect in this classic pasta bake dish.
- Be sure to cook your pasta to al dente. If you cook it all the way through then it will become mushy while baking.
- Tetrazzini is not just for chicken! You can sub the chicken for leftover turkey as well.
- Think outside the box with the vegetables you add. Try corn, green beans, mushrooms, peas, asparagus, even broccoli.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Chicken Tetrazzini is great for busy families because you can easily make it ahead of time and it tastes delicious! Assemble as directed, cover with foil, and place in your fridge for up to 24 hours. Pull it out about 15 minutes before you are ready to bake.
Store your leftovers in an airtight container and place in the fridge. They will stay fresh for about 4 days.
I love this dish because it freezes so well! Just assemble in a freezer-safe dish. I usually grab some throwaway foil pans for easy freezing. Cover completely with foil and then with plastic and place in the freezer. This is will store for about 2 months.
What to serve with Chicken Tetrazzini
This is a hearty comfort dish that you can easily serve on its own. If you want you can serve with a vegetable and a rustic white bread.
Check out these other comfort classics!
Chicken Tetrazzini is comfort in a dish as it combines pasta, chicken, alfredo sauce, and cheese. This creamy dish is cheesy and the perfect pasta bake to feed your family tonight.
- 1 LB uncooked spaghetti broken in 1/2
- 3 Cups Chopped Cooked Chicken, breast meat
- 2 (15 oz) Jars of Alfredo Sauce
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- 1 TBSP Minced Garlic
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 Cup Frozen Vegetables (of choice)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook the spaghetti al dente. Set aside
- In a skillet heat 1 TBSP of oil, cook onions and garlic. After a few minutes add in your frozen vegetables.
- Add in both jars of Alfredo sauce to your skillet.
- Add in your cut-up chicken pieces. Simmer until sauce and chicken is heated well.
- Mix your sauce with your spaghetti and put it into your baking dish.
- Brown/toast your bread crumbs with 2 TBSP butter in a small pot over a medium flame.
- Remove bread crumbs from heat once toasted for a few minutes. Mix in grated parmesan cheese. Sprinkle mixture over your Chicken Tetrazzini coating it with a nice even spread of the bread crumb mix.
- Bake uncovered 25 minutes. Remove once your breadcrumbs are starting to brown.