Serve up these Ninja Foodi Grill Air Fryer Taco Quesadillas for Taco Tuesday this week! You get all your favorite Tex-Mex flavors all in a crisp quesadilla shell!
Grab your favorite dipping sauces and dive in! This recipe for taco quesadillas is so easy to make, you will want to add it to your weekly rotation.
If it is a Mexican Dish my kids always devour it. I was looking for something a bit different to make for dinner the other night and came up with this!
Cheesy, meat loaded, and the option to pile on your favorite taco toppings when it is done to personalize your flavor.
How to Keep Quesadilla Together As It Cooks in Air Fryer
Toothpicks will be your best friend when you cook with an air fryer! You will want to push one to two in each area of the Quesadilla. This will help prevent it from popping open as it cooks.
I learned this trick a while back so anytime I use a recipe that has layers I stick a toothpick in for good measure to prevent a mess.
Ways To Dress Up Taco Quesadillas
- Add corn and black beans to filling for a heartier Quesadilla.
- Add lettuce to top once done.
- Sour cream
- Fresh avocado or guacamole
- Black olives
- Fresh tomato slices
Get creative and add ingredients to your filling and then top with taco toppings. Or eat it as is, either way, these are so flavorful and give you an incredible meal that is kid-friendly.
Is A Quesadilla A Taco
Tacos are stuffed with Mexican seasoned beef or chicken and put into a corn hard shell. A quesadilla used a flour shell that is toasted to add a little crunch and chew. So they both have similar ingredients used but ultimately totally different.
Can You Put Lettuce In A Quesadilla
If you want the lettuce to pair with your quesadilla you will want to wait till it is done the cooking and then open the quesadilla. Or top it and eat it that way. If you cook it with the lettuce it will wilt and become mushy right away.
How Do You Get Quesadillas To Stick Together
For air frying, you will gain help with toothpicks but also the cheese inside. As it begins to melt it will act as the glue and stick both sides of the quesadilla together!
What Meat Is Best For Taco Quesadillas
Feel free to use any type of meat. Ground chicken, turkey, beef, steak, etc. just season the meat with Tex-mex spices so you get a taco feel. This is very versatile and any type of ground meat or shredded meat will work.
If you are a fan of Mexican, I highly recommend trying this out! These are a fun way to change up dinner and even picky eaters will want a slice or even two!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- Taco Seasoning
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- 12 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- Shredded lettuce
- Pico de Gallo or salsa
- Sour Cream
- Make taco meat in advance (cooked ground meat and taco seasoning to taste). you can easily make it in your instant pot in bulk and freeze any extra for another night.
- Insert removable cooking pot. Insert grill grate into your pot.
- Press grill button, set time to 10 minutes (or longer if making multiple so you can skip reheating in between each time). Allow to preheat. (will take aprx. 8 minutes)
- Once "Add Food" flashes, carefully place a tortilla with a handful of of cheese on top.
- Place a tortilla on top and close the lid to your grill.
- Allow the cheese to fully melt, mine took about 6 minutes. Once inside cheese melted, place a handful of cheese on top Close the lid for a few minutes to allow to melt.
- Once melted carefully remove and start topping your quesadilla. Add your taco meat.
- Finish laying with your favorite topping.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 518 Total Fat: 30g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 114mg Sodium: 475mg Carbohydrates: 27g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 6g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 38g