Try my Keto Tuna melt stuffed tomatoes! A creamy and savory tuna mix stuffed into a cored tomato. Bake and you have an incredible light lunch or dinner in no time.
Keto Tuna Melt
This Keto Tuna Melt Stuffed Tomatoes is such a delicious Keto sandwich option you are not going to miss the bread at all! I have so many friends that are having such huge success with their Keto diet. Since keto diet is a diet that has low amounts of carbohydrates, high fats, and moderate protein, it is possible to achieve your weight loss goals safely.
There are many benefits of a Keto Diet. I have written an article the ultimate guide to a Ketogenic diet for beginners.
I love the taste of the tomato with the tuna and the cheese so much better than if there was bread.
What Are The Best Tomatoes To Use
Reach for a medium to large style tomato. Hot house or beefsteak tomatoes are great.
Make sure the tomatoes feel and look good. Look for wrinkles on the skin, being extra soft, or any other markers.
How To Make
Step 1: Start by preheating you oven, and prepping your tomatoes. Use a spoon to scoop out the filling in tomatoes.
Step 2: In a bowl work on your tuna salad portion. Once your mixture is ready, spoon into tomatoes. Full all the tomatoes to the top. Top them off with cheese.
Step 3: Toss tomatoes in the oven and bake. All ovens cook differently so pull out when the cheese is starting to turn golden brown.
Can I Double This Recipe
Tuna stuffed tomatoes are truly a treat. Especially if you have some from a garden or farmers market.
So go ahead and make more if you need. Just batch cook if you need.
Do Stuffed Tomatoes Store Well
Stuffed tomatoes are best when served fresh from the oven. You will find that tomatoes will become extra soggy if refrigerated.
They can be stored in the fridge but just know the texture will change.
Could I Swap Out Tuna With Chicken
Not a big fan of tuna? Feel free to mix up some shredded chicken. You will want to ensure you cook the chicken first and then shred or dice.
Sometimes I do a mix of both so my family has a choice on what they want.
So don’t wait and try this easy keto tuna recipe a try. It is affordable, easy and essential ingredients are needed.
Variation to Keto Recipe
- Swap out tomato with other low card vegetables.
- Swap out the cheese or leave it of if you don’t want any.
- Add more ingredients in tuna mixture. Maybe other veggies, splash of Creole seasoning, etc.
As you can see many ways to alter this recipe to fit your family’s cravings.
Delicious Keto Tuna Melt Stuffed Tomatoes are so delicious you will not miss the bread at all!! I love this sandwich so much more. The creamy cheese blends beautifully with the tuna and tomato.
- 3-4 large Tomatoes
- 2 cans Tuna, drained
- ½ cup diced cucumbers or pickles*
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Optional- dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste*
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and dry the tomatoes. Cut tops off of tomatoes and scoops out insides.
- In a bowl, add the cream cheese and beat until fluffy.
- Add the tuna and cucumbers/pickles and fold in gently.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and taste. Adjust to preference.
- Place tomatoes in a shallow baking dish.
- Gently fill tomatoes with tuna mixture.
- Top each tomato with equal amount of cheese.
- Bake for 18 minutes. Or until tomatoes appear soft.
*omit salt if using pickles
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Saturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 439mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 23g