This Instant Pot Huli Huli Hawaiian Chicken is one of my favorite recipes. The chicken is so tender, juicy and the has just the right amount of salty and sweet. It brings my mind straight back to the time I spent in Hawaii this year and just how delicious the food was. Hawaii was truly a magical trip, from the food to the incredible beauty of the island. This dish is just as delicious as the incredible Hawaiin recipes I was treated too.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast; 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons ginger; grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic; minced
- 1/3 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- spring onions for garnish
- pineapple for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken in pressure cooker with vegetable or chicken broth. Set to high pressure for 15 minutes (times vary per instant pot/pressure cooker). Release pressure when time is complete.
- In a bowl, mix in pineapple juice, soy sauce, tomato sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic. Whisk well.
- Set instant pot/pressure cooker to saute mode. Pour in mixture and stir well over chicken. The sauce will thicken over chicken. Top with pepper.
- Use pineapple and pineapple juice from the can for your pineapple. Pineapple for garnish and juice for the recipe.
- Once sauce is thickened around the chicken shred chicken and place in bowl over rice. Garnish with spring onions.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 183 Cholesterol: 48mg Sodium: 1284mg Carbohydrates: 22g Sugar: 20g Protein: 18g