Instant Pot Huli Huli Hawaiian Chicken is a must make instant pot chicken recipe. Shredded chicken that is a sweet and savory-smothered chicken.
Whip up the homemade sauce to thicken and stick to your meat. Serve over a bed of rice and garnish with fresh pineapple slices.
Instant Pot Huli Huli Hawaiian Chicken
This Instant Pot Huli Huli Hawaiian Chicken is one of my favorite recipes. The chicken is so tender, juicy, and has just the right amount of salty and sweet.
It brings my mind straight back to the time I spent in Hawaii this year and just how delicious the food was. Hawaii was truly a magical trip, from the food to the incredible beauty of the island. This dish is just as delicious as the incredible Hawaiin recipes I was treated to.
Best Chicken For Huli Huli
Chicken breasts or tenderloins are what I recommend. You will want to dive up your chicken into ½ inch thick pieces.
If you want a chicken on the bone you could use drumsticks or thighs but you would need to adjust the cooking time to ensure they fully cook through.
Sides To Pair With Hawaiian Chicken
Here are some sides we enjoy pairing with this Instant Pot Chicken Recipe. But always know and all of your favorite sides could be just as tasty!
- Cauliflower rice
- Cauliflower mash
- Cilantro lime rice
- Hawaiian style coleslaw
- Steamed or Roasted vegetables
Variation to Huli Huli Chicken
There are a few ways to change this up. If you look on the internet you will find all kinds of changes.
- Toss in broccoli at the end on saute to cook to your preferred tenderness
- Add in some chili flakes for some added heat to your final dish
- Stir in stir fry veggies at the end on saute mode
How to Store Leftover Chicken
This chicken is great leftover. You can place it in single-serve containers and use it to meal prep for a few days.
Or you can double batch and save back some for dinner later on in the week.
The chicken will store for up to three days in the fridge. Anything after you will need to use your best judgment when eating.
Can You Freeze Leftovers
I personally have not frozen leftovers of this Hawaiian Chicken. I don’t see why you couldn’t freeze it.
Just allow it to cool down a bit and then place it in a freezer container. You can store for up to three months.
Or if you have a vacuum seal system it will extend the life tremendously depending on the system you use.
Then just thaw in the fridge overnight or do a thaw in running water on the container or bag. Then reheat until the chicken is fully cooked.
Delicious Instant Pot Huli Huli Chicken brings me straight back to Hawaii. The chicken is tender and moist is a delicious combination of salty and sweet.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast; 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons ginger; grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic; minced
- 1/3 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- spring onions for garnish
- pineapple for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon oil of choice
- In a bowl, mix in pineapple juice, soy sauce, tomato paste, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic. Whisk well.
- Heat the Instant Pot in sauté mode.
- Add 1 TBSP of oil (I use olive oil) to the pot.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; arrange in the instant pot and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Add the sauce to the pot; cover and lock the lid.
- Pressure cook for 10 min (high pressure).
Use pineapple and pineapple juice from the can for your pineapple. Pineapple for garnish and juice for the recipe.
Once sauce is thickened around the chicken shred chicken and place in bowl over rice. Garnish with spring onions.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Cholesterol: 48mgSodium: 1284mgCarbohydrates: 22gSugar: 20gProtein: 18g