Ceviche is a crab-based recipe that is loaded with imitation crab, sweet peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, and more. This is the ultimate ceviche recipe to serve up.
If you are a fan of seafood, dive into this crisp and fresh ceviche for a snack, appetizer, lunch or dinner!
You will find if you Google Ceviche it is made in so many ways. Some showcase shrimp cooked or even raw, others crab like this recipe.
Think out of the box and try a new recipe like mine! See all the fun and flavorful ingredients come together to create a crave-worthy dish.
Do You Have to Use Raw Seafood In Ceviche
No! My recipe uses imitation crab, which is cooked. Now, if you prefer raw dice up some shrimp to toss in.
Otherwise reach for cooked crab meat or imitation crab.
How to Serve Ceviche Salad
- With tortilla chips for dipping
- On lettuce leaves like a wrap
- Plate it and just use fork to dive in
- Serve on corn or flour tortillas
There is no right or wrong here, anything goes! Eat as you please!
How to Make Crab Ceviche
This crab ceviche is crazy simple. The hardest part is resisting nibbling as you work!
Start by prepping your vegetables and crab and toss all ingredients into a bowl. Add in your marinade ingredients, toss and then season to taste.
You can use sugar to sweeten and salt to bring out more savory.
If you want a kick of flavor add a dash of hot sauce or even chili flakes.
Interested in more seafood dishes
If you enjoy seafood like me, try out these other seafood recipes!
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoons | Lump crab meat, cream cheese filling, all wrapped in a wonton wrapper. A must make appetizer.
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp | Lemon and garlic pair up for this insanely savory dinner. Pair with rice or your favorite sides for a quick and easy dinner.
- Hibachi Steak and Shrimp | Skip dining out and make a steak and shrimp recipe that tastes to die for. Grab that Instant Pot and get cooking.
Can I Make This Recipe In Advance
It is best to serve fresh. Now, you can prep the vegetables and such ahead if you like. Then assemble in a bowl with all other ingredients.
It tastes so much better fresh as the acidity is strong and will sog up veggies as it sits.
How to Store
If you have leftovers you can store in the fridge. With any seafood use your judgement in terms of when to toss out if you think spoiled.
I tend to only keep for a day or two, as it loses the freshness quicker than some recipes.
Can I Swap Out Seafood
Absolutely. If you have shrimp on hand or even lump crab go for it. Just follow the recipe as directed. With crab just ensure it is cooked.
Spice Up The Flavor
If you want to spice up this recipe, leave some seeds in the jalapeño you dive up. This will add a nice kick of heat.
You can control how mild or hot you go. Also adding a splash of hot sauce is a nice alternative.
Ceviche is a crab-based recipe that is loaded with imitation crab, sweet peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes and more. This is the ultimate ceviche recipe to serve up.
- ½ cup imitation crab
- ½ mini precooked salad shrimp
- 1 cup skinned and diced cucumber
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup finely diced sweet red bell pepper
- 1 finely diced jalapeño, seeds removed
- 1 sweet onion finely diced
- 3-5 Tbsp of fresh cilantro
- Juice from 2 lemons and 2 limes
- 1 Tbsp tapatio
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 3 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 avocado*
- 1 cup strained and rinsed black beans
- 1 cup strained and rinsed sweet corn
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 2 radishes finely diced*
- A pinch of salt and sugar to taste
- *optional add ins
- Dice up all your vegetable ingredients as well as your crab.
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Add lemon and lime juice, tapatio, ketchup and vinegar to bowl and mix.
- Season with salt and sugar to taste. Start with a pinch each.
- Finally, add in your shrimp and crab and you are done. Enjoy with tortilla chips.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 359Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 551mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 13gSugar: 24gProtein: 13g