Every year for a birthday (we are a family of 6) we have a hibachi dinner tradition. It is a great tradition! We have the best time and the food is ALWAYS delicious! The only problem is the price of the dinner. We are a family of 6 and usually invite a few others to join us. This gets to be a very pricey dinner, so we do save this expense for birthdays only. This Instant Pot Hibachi Style Steak & Shrimp helps me bring a hit of Hibachi to my own home. Really the only thing I am missing is the tossing of vegetables into our mouths.
This dish is so delicious and features both steak and shrimp. Those are always my two favorite Hibachi choices. You do have some flexibility to adjust the vegetables as you like to feature your favorites.
Instant Pot Hibachi Style Steak & Shrimp
Delicious Instant Pot Hibachi Style Steak & Shrimp that will make you never want to leave your house for Hibachi ever again.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 pounds flat iron steak (cut into chunks)
- 1 pound of cooked shrimp (thawed)
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 large onion (cut into 1 inch squares)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into 2 inch squares)
- 2 cups of sugar snap peas
- 2 potatoes cut into small wedges
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup spicy and sweet sauce
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- Prepare the onions, and peppers, by dicing into large chunks.
- Set to the side
- Slice your steak into 1 inch slices and cut in half.
- Sprinkle the beef with salt.
- Set to the side.
- Remove the shell on the shrimp, wash and pat dry.
- Set to the side
- Add your oil to your Instant Pot and heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat until simmering.
- Add the beef, onions, potatoes, and peppers to the Instant Pot, Then toss to coat with the oil.
- Pour in the water and soy sauce.
- Stir to combine.
- Lock the lid and pressure cook on high pressure for 12 minute. Let the pressure come down naturally, about 20 minutes.
- Add your shrimp, sugar snap peas, spicy sweet sauce,
- Stir to combine
- Set your Instant Pot to saute and cook until the shrimp is hot.
- Whisk the cold water and cornstarch in a small bowl, then stir into the pot to thicken the sauce.
- Serve over white rice or noodles