Ninja Foodi Or Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
I have a lighter version of eggplant parmesan that doesn’t require being fried. I use my Ninja Foodi or my Air Fryer to crisp up the eggplant parmesan, so you have the tender and meaty center with a crispy and crunchy crust. Best of all just six basic pantry ingredients required for this quick and easy weeknight meal.
This Ninja Foodi Or Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan is so delicious and while it manages to cut out a lot of the fat it does not cut out on flavor. By air frying, we are able to cut out as much as 80% of the fat. My recipe is quick, easy, and gives you those classic eggplant parmesan flavors without all the fuss.
Easy Eggplant Parmesan
This recipe uses jar sauce to keep it weeknight friendly but you can substitute with your own homemade sauce. I will usually plan my eggplant parmesan a couple of nights after I have made homemade sauce. But, in a pinch totally reach for your favorite jar sauce. It will work and you will have a tasty dish the whole family can enjoy.
Can You Make Eggplant Parmesan Ahead of Time
You can, but it will become soggy pretty fast after it has cooled. I prefer to cook it up and serve right away. The eggplant will have the best taste and texture if served warm and fresh, vs being left for a bit. If you do make ahead a little bit, put the eggplant on a wire rack, so it can breathe, and not break down and become mushy as fast.
What Does Eggplant Parmesan Taste Like
Many call eggplant parmesan the vegetarian version of chicken parmesan. Eggplant has a very mild flavor, similar to spaghetti squash. It is versatile, and when you layer on ingredients you build a tasty dish.
Is It Better To Peel Eggplant
While the skin is edible, it can be a bit tough. I always peel mine for a more tender dish, but if you prefer the more gentle texture, peel away. The skins do offer a nutrient factor, which could sway you to leaving them on.
I love using my Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi to make crispy and tender eggplant parmesan. This recipe really is simple with a few steps needed. Then you have that restaurant quality parmesan eggplant to serve up your family and friends. I prefer this route over the oven or frying. The texture you get is outstanding.
So give my eggplant parmesan a try today in your Ninja Foodi. You will be glad you gave it a go, I am sure of it.
Delicious Ninja Foodi Or Air Fryer Parmesan is short on fat but not short of flavor. Perfect meal for any night of the week.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1 lb. fresh mozzarella cheese sliced into rounds
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- Olive Oil Spray
- Peel and slice the eggplant into 1/4” slices.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish
- In a small bowl, scramble the egg.
- Gently dip the eggplant slices into the egg mixture. Than dip into the breadcrumbs and coat both sides. You can use your fingers to press the breadcrumbs down so they stick better.
- Spray your crisper basket with Olive Oil Spray.
- Place eggplant in a single layer into your basket. Spray tops of the slices with olive oil spray. Close the crisping lid. Select AIR CRISP, set temp to 400 degrees, set the time to 12 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, flip your zucchini slices and spray the tops with olive oil. (Be careful when flipping to not touch the edges of your crisper basket, it will be HOT)
- Spray the tops of your eggplant and cook the remaining 4 minutes.
- Spoon a tablespoon of spaghetti sauce over the top of your eggplant and spread to cover.
- Lay a slice of mozzarella cheese on top.
- Close the crisping lid. Select BROIL
- Press Start
- Broil (2-4 min) until your mozzarella cheese looks melted.
- Serve over pasta with extra sauce.