I have seen so many delicious slow cooker fajita recipes, I decided it was time to give it a whirl in my instant pot and I could not be more excited by the results. With a family of four boys our weeknight meals need to be quick, easy and always delicious to feed my picky eaters. These instant pot chicken fajitas hit all the marks and will be included in our recipe repertoire for many more delicious fajita nights.
If you are lucky enough to own to instant pots, these delicious Fire Hot Instant Pot Taco Bowl pair great with your chicken fajita’s. If not bake up some Taco Monkey Bread to pair with your fajita’s. Both will be huge hits with your family.
I asked my son to assist me cutting up the peppers for this dish. The colors of the peppers just make me happy! So has watching my son become quite the chef and expert chopper. I live for these moments!!
All set and ready to cook! Set pressure to high pressure. Cook for 15 minutes… (see recipe below)
These instant pot chicken fajitas are so easy and so delicious! Start to finish takes only 25 minutes so these make a perfect weeknight meal.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken strips
- 1/2 cup water or chicken broth
- 1 red bell pepper; cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper; cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper; cut into strips
- 1 white onion; slice one half into half roundsÂ
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dozen tortillas
- 1 or 2 limes; sliced into wedges
- 2 cups cheese for topping
- Dice second half of white onion for topping
- Slice bell peppers and onion. Place chicken in the instant pot or pressure cooker. Pour in chicken broth/water. Add bell peppers and onion then toss.
- Top with half of the spices and toss again. Set pressure to high pressure. Cook for 15 minutes. Release pressure (if you don't want to release pressure cook for 10 minutes then let natural pressure release) Drain most of the juice. It will give quite a bit. Then toss in the other half of the spices.
- Plate into tortillas and top with cheese, onion, and a lime.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 604Saturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 202mgSodium: 820mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 67g