Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken is one of my favorite chicken recipes. Delicious garlic and lemon seasoned chicken seared and then pressure cooked to perfection. Drizzle on sauce at the end for the ultimate dinner.
We love chicken in our home and lemon chicken is one of our favorites. If you are wanting to try a new chicken recipe this one is a must-make.
Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken
Lemon and garlic go together perfectly. If you are a fan of the pairing then give this chicken a try. My boys and husband loved it.
The one thing I love about chicken in Instant Pot is since it is pressure-cooked, it really locks in moisture. So you never have that dry chicken like you would if you cooked on a stove or even in the oven.
If you have yet to cook chicken in your pressure cooker, what are you waiting on? Give it a try and enjoy the loads of flavor!
What Cut Of Chicken Is Best
You are more than welcome to use a boneless chicken breast or opt to use a chicken thigh. I love using boneless chicken but you can always use bone in. Even drumsticks would work great to use in this recipe.
What Is The Sauce
You will add heavy cream at the end to help thicken up the sauce and give a creamy texture. Then drizzle that over the chicken to add even more flavor to your chicken.
What To Serve With Garlic Lemon Chicken
The sides to pair with this chicken is endless. Reach for a pasta side, rice, or even roasted or steamed vegetables. I just mix up what I have on hand and serve it up. But feel free to make and pair with any or all of your favorite side dish recipes.
How To Store Leftover Chicken
Place in an airtight container and then store in the fridge for up to three days. Warm up in the microwave or even on low on the stovetop. Just don’t heat too fast as it can curdle the sauce and burn it.
Can I Use Frozen Chicken In This Recipe
You can use frozen chicken if you would like. The only thing is you will need to know it won’t have the same texture if you don’t brown it up like you would thawed chicken.
But it will work and still be pretty tasty! So feel free to reach for frozen if you forgot to set out chicken to thaw.
Let me know how you like this chicken in the comments below! I would love to hear how you like it!
For a couple of great side dishes to go with your delicious lemon garlic chicken, check out Instant Pot Copy-Cat Parmesan Pasta Roni and the Original Syracuse Salt Potatoes Instant Pot. They are two tasty dishes!
Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken is one of my favorite chicken recipe. You have a garlic and lemon seasoned chicken seared and then pressure cooked to perfection. Drizzle on sauce at the end for the ultimate dinner.
- 4 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 TBSP minced garlic
- juice from 1 lemon
- zest from your lemon
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 3 TBSP Butter
- 2 TBSP Heavy Cream
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Turn your pot on to saute. Add in 1 TBSP of olive oil. Add in your chicken breasts and saute each side for 3 minutes per side or until starting to brown.
- Move your chicken onto a plate. Add in 3 TBSP of butter to your pot, continuing to saute. Add in minced garlic, onion, and the juice from 1 lemon. Cook for 1 minute and then add in the chicken broth, zest from your lemon, and Italian seasoning.
- Add your chicken pieces back into your pot.
- Close your lid. Pressure cook High for 8 minutes. Do a natural release for 3 minutes. After 3 min, you can release the remaining pressure by turning your valve to vent.
- Remove your chicken from the pot. Add in 2 TBSP heavy cream. Cook on saute for a few minutes to thicken the sauce. Add your chicken pieces back in and keep warm until serving.
- Serve with lemon slices.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 312mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 38g