Instant Pot Refried Beans will blow you away on ease and flavor. Canned refried beans don’t even hold a candle to this recipe!
These Instant Pot Refried Beans are so delicious and so easy to make. This is another amazing instant pot dump and go recipe. Dump in your ingredients and go relax while your instant pot works its magic.
Instant Pot Refried Beans
This is the first time I have ever made my own refried beans and I think it will be the only kind I will eat from here on out. These are so much more delicious than any refried beans I have ever had.
Why Make Homemade Refried Beans
- Perfect creamy texture
Truly this recipe is so incredible. I will never buy canned Refried beans again.
Raid the pantry and grab your pinto beans and get to cooking!
How to Adjust Thickness of Refried Beans
If you prefer thicker Refried beans, use less liquid when mixing them up. If you want thinner add extra water to help offer a thinner texture.
The key is a little at a time. Adding too much water will make your beans runny. And on the other hand not adding water can make them extremely thick.
Can I Make This Recipe On Stovetop
You sure can. All you have to do is follow the same directions but when you go to the pressure cook steps.. just place lid on pan and turn heat to low and simmer,
It will take a lot longer until the beans are soft, so make sure to stir occasionally. You will need to watch the water level.
If it starts to look like it needs more water and beans are still hard, add a big more in.
Ways to Bring Out More Flavors
Adding a fresh drizzle of lime juice to cooked Refried beans is awesome. It will bring out a ton of flavor.
Also add on some fresh chopped cilantro as well. Or top it however you normally like to do.
Uses For Refried Beans
Refried beans are so versatile. Serve as a side to your favorite Mexican dip. Use as a layer in 7- layer Mexican dip, dip chips for a bean dip. The list is endless how you serve these up.
My husband loves to make bean burritos with cheese as his snack or lunch.
Use these beans as a side, burrito filler and more. The options are endless.
Storing Refried Beans
Store any leftover beans in the fridge. Just make sure they are covered and in a proper container.
As the beans cool they will thicken a bit. You can eat cold or warm up on stove top or even microwave.
Sometimes after the beans sit they become thicker. If you need add a teaspoon of water to help thin.
Can I Double Recipe
You can double if you don’t go over the max fill line. If you have a smaller instant pot, you more than likely can’t.
If you have say an 8 quart you should be able too. I haven’t tried doubling the recipe.
Craving More Instant Pot Bean Recipes
- No Soak Instant Pot Black Beans | These beans are so delicious and no soaking is required. Tender, flavorful beans!
- Instant Pot Baked Beans | I love baked beans, serve these up all year round for the ultimate side dish recipe!
- Popeyes Red Beans and Rice | A copycat recipe made right in your pressure cooker. This recipe is so tasty,
- Instant Pot Cuban Beans | Tons of flavor go into these Cuban inspired beans. The ultimate main dish or side.
Don’t wait and try these Refried Instant Pot beans today. I think you will love how affordable, easy and flavorful they are!
Absolutely beautifully cooked beans ready to be blended.
Instant Pot Refried Beans are so easy and so delicious. A super easy dump and go recipe.
- 2 cups dry pinto beans
- 7 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Rinse the pinto beans in cool water, sifting through the beans with your fingers to find and remove any small rocks that may be mixed in with the beans.
- Pour the pinto beans into your Instant pot. Add the water, chopped onion, minced garlic, salt, cumin, and olive oil; mix well.
- Cover the Instant Pot with the lid then lock the lid in place and set the steam valve to “sealing.” Select 45 minutes of cook time.
- When the beans have finished cooking, allow the pressure to drop naturally for 20 minutes, then release the steam vent.
- Place a colander into a large bowl. Pour the cooked beans into the colander and allow the bowl to catch the cooking liquid.
- Transfer the beans to a large bowl. Add ½ cup of the cooking liquid. Use an immersion blender to puree the beans until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
The refried beans may be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze in smaller containers for up to 3 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Sodium: 303mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 4gProtein: 4g