These Instant Pot Refried Beans are so delicious and so easy to make. This is another amazing instant pot dump and go recipe. Dump in your ingredients and go relax while your instant pot works its magic.
This is the first time I have ever made my own refried beans and I think it will be the only kind I will eat from here on out. These are so much more delicious than any refried beans I have ever had.
Absolutely beautifully cooked beans ready to be blended.
- 2 cups dry pinto beans
- 7 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Rinse the pinto beans in cool water, sifting through the beans with your fingers to find and remove any small rocks that may be mixed in with the beans.
- Pour the pinto beans into your Instant pot. Add the water, chopped onion, minced garlic, salt, cumin, and olive oil; mix well.
- Cover the Instant Pot with the lid then lock the lid in place and set the steam valve to “sealing.” Select 45 minutes of cook time.
- When the beans have finished cooking, allow the pressure to drop naturally for 20 minutes, then release the steam vent.
- Place a colander into a large bowl. Pour the cooked beans into the colander and allow the bowl to catch the cooking liquid.
- Transfer the beans to a large bowl. Add ½ cup of the cooking liquid. Use an immersion blender to puree the beans until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
The refried beans may be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze in smaller containers for up to 3 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115 Sodium: 303mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 4g Protein: 4g