These Lime Margarita Jello Shots will definitely bring the party to life. My boys have finally reached an age where they are off doing their own thing and not wanting to spend any time with their mother or father. This has opened up the world of date nights for my hubby and I. With these date nights, I have learned, that I LOVE Margarita’s. What better way to enjoy a Margarita, then with these delicious Lime Margarita Jello Shots.
I can think of at least a half a dozen occasions throughout the year that jello shots would be an awesome drink choice. BBQ’s, football season tailgating, Superbowl Sunday, Easter Sunday (No? A bit much? LOL), Confirmation parties, Friday night game night, and so many more. Jello Shots definitely do not get thought of often enough when it comes to entertaining. Think of the fun we all have had over the years with Jello Shots. Every good party needs a little jello shot fun!
Would you like to feature another drink for your get together? Try our Cuban Breeze Cocktail.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin powder , equal to 1 tablespoon
- ½ teaspoon lime Jello
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup sour mix
- 1/2 cup lime juice, reserve ¼ cup for salting the rims of the cups.
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup Orange Liqueur like Cointreau or Patron Citronge
- Lime slices and salt for garnish
- 10 3- ounce plastic cups with lids
- In a small mixing bowl, add cold water. Sprinkle the gelatin powder over the water and soak
- the powder for 2 minutes.
- Add lime jello to the bowl
- Add the sugar
- Pour the hot water into the bowl.
- Whisk until everything is dissolved.
- Add lime juice, sour mix, tequila and liqueur. Stir to combine. For virgin shots, leave out tequila
- and liqueur.
- Add food coloring if desired.
- Pour remaining lime juice into a shallow dish. Pour salt into a similar dish. Dip the rim of each
- cup into the lime juice and the into the salt.
- Pour the mixture into the cups, filling them 3/4 full. Refrigerate until set, which is between 60-
- 90 minutes.
- 10. When you are ready to serve the shots, remove from the fridge and top with a small lime
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 110 Sodium: 4mg Carbohydrates: 8g Sugar: 7g