Lime Margarita Jello Shots
Lime Margarita Jello Shots are a must make this spring and summer. Bursting with fresh lime taste that carries a punch from the Tequila.. These easy and tasty margarita Jell-O shots will win over a crown!
These Lime Margarita Jello Shots will definitely bring the party to life. My boys have finally reached an age where they are off doing their own thing and not wanting to spend any time with their mother or father.
Lime Margarita Jello Shots
This has opened up the world of date nights for my hubby and I. With these date nights, I have learned, that I LOVE Margarita’s. What better way to enjoy a Margarita, then with these delicious Lime Margarita Jello Shots.
When to Serve Margarita Jello Shots
I can think of at least a half a dozen occasions throughout the year that jello shots would be an awesome drink choice.
BBQ’s, football season tailgating, Superbowl Sunday, Easter Sunday (No? A bit much? LOL), Confirmation parties, Friday night game night, and so many more.
Jello Shots definitely do not get thought of often enough when it comes to entertaining. Think of the fun we all have had over the years with Jello Shots. Every good party needs a little jello shot fun!
How Long Does It Take Jello Shots To Set
This Margarita Jell-O shot takes around an hour to two hours. Now if you make larger shots it can take 2-3 hours depending how full your cups are.
Can You Add More Alcohol To Jello Shots
The hard pet about Jell-O shots is if you add more alcohol you run the risk of the Jell-O shots not setting up. So leaving the amount of alcohol the recipe you are using calls for is important.
How Far in Advance Can I Make Jello Shots
You can make Jell-O shots a day ahead of when plan to serve them. Then when ready pair with a lime wedge if you want and serve them up.
Can Jello Shots Get You Drunk
Depending on how much alcohol is used, yes they can if you eat enough of them. Most Jello shots use a light amount of alcohol but you just have to consider how many you plan to consume.
How Strong Are Jello Shots
It depends on how much alcohol and the proof of alcohol used. If you want to make them stronger replace part of the water used with alcohol. But, you have to remember too much alcohol will cause the shots to not set up.
How Do You Take Jello Shots
You squeeze the sides of the plastic containers and drop the jello shot into your mouth and swallow. Some people do chew up the jello, but most just swallow it all.
Does Jello Set Faster In The Freezer
If you plan to place your shots in the freezer to try to speed them setting up, be aware and don’t let them stay in there too long. The reason being is it can make the jello messed up and ruin your shots. So check in about 20-30 minutes of placing in the freezer, than transfer to the fridge for the remainder of the time.
These Lime Margarita Jello Shots are not only fun but they are so tasty. Feel free to play around with the gelatin flavors if you want something different. Strawberry, raspberry, or even watermelon would be a tasty twist to your margarita!
Have you ever tried lime margarita jello shots?
These Lime Margarita Jello Shots are one of my favorite ways to have a Lime Margarita.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin powder , equal to 1 tablespoon
- ½ teaspoon lime Jello
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup sour mix
- 1/2 cup lime juice, reserve ¼ cup for salting the rims of the cups.
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup Orange Liqueur like Cointreau or Patron Citronge
- Lime slices and salt for garnish
- 10 3- ounce plastic cups with lids
- In a small mixing bowl, add cold water. Sprinkle the gelatin powder over the water and soak
- the powder for 2 minutes.
- Add lime jello to the bowl
- Add the sugar
- Pour the hot water into the bowl.
- Whisk until everything is dissolved.
- Add lime juice, sour mix, tequila and liqueur. Stir to combine. For virgin shots, leave out tequila
- and liqueur.
- Add food coloring if desired.
- Pour remaining lime juice into a shallow dish. Pour salt into a similar dish. Dip the rim of each
- cup into the lime juice and the into the salt.
- Pour the mixture into the cups, filling them 3/4 full. Refrigerate until set, which is between 60-
- 90 minutes.
- 10. When you are ready to serve the shots, remove from the fridge and top with a small lime
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 110 Sodium: 4mg Carbohydrates: 8g Sugar: 7g