This pie captures a true little slice of heaven. Old fashioned taste and super easy to make.
I recently saw this recipe in one of my favorite magazines, Taste of Home and knew I had to try it out. I love lemon!!! It immediately brought back wonderful memories of the Lemon Meringue pies my grandmother would lovingly make for us as children. There is something about a lemon custard pie that just brought the sweetest thoughts into my mind. I definitely wanted to treat my family to these same wonderful memories that I was sure this pie would bring for years to come.
It definitely did not disappoint at all. The creamy texture and delicious soft taste of lemon was a huge hit with my family. I can not wait for the next holiday so that I can make one to serve to my entire family. They definitely will be impressed and I would rate this pie as EASY to make.
For another delicious baked lemony treat try our incredible Blueberry Lemon Cronuts, they are out of this world!
Lemon Custard Pie is a delicious old fashioned pie. This recipe has been handed down years and years. A real country classic.
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 TBSP butter softened
- 2 Eggs seperated
- 1 Cup milk
- 3 TBSP all purpose flour
- 1/8 TSP salt
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- 2 TSP grated lemon peel
- 1 unbaked pie pastry 9 inch
- Preheat over to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and softened butter until well blended.
- Add the egg yolks, one at a time blending each well.
- Add milk, flour and salt..mix well.
- Stir in the lemon juice and lemon peel. Set aside.
- In a small bowl beat your egg whites until they are stiffish and peaks start to form.
- Gently fold into your large bowl of already mixed ingredients.
- Pour into your pie shell.
- Bake 1 hour or until lightly browned (mine did take a bit longer) and when a toothpick is inserted it comes our clean.
- Cool before serving.
Author: Jeannie Fristson / Taste of Home
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 337Saturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 220mgCarbohydrates: 52gSugar: 35gProtein: 5g