I did not think it was possible BUT I think I am more excited for Halloween this year than ever before. It is one of my favorite holidays, although I may venture to say every holiday is my favorite holiday. Halloween gets super exciting since there is a long stretch between Halloween and July 4th. It is officially not even September yet and I am driving my boys crazy to get my Halloween decorations down from the attic. My porch will be decorated just after Labor Day ends. I am that excited!!
Needless to say I have started working on a bunch of Halloween treats to share with you all. These pumpkin pretzels are adorable! We can all agree that the combination of sweet and salty is to die for. These pumpkin pretzels do not disappoint. They are every bit of delicious as you would expect from sweet chocolate on top of a nice salty pretzel, topped off with a yummy M & M. Now can you see why I am excited for Halloween!!!
In a microwave-safe container microwave candy melts at 50% power or the defrost setting on your microwave. Melt for one minute to start. Remove and stir. Place back in the microwave for additional 30 seconds at 50% power. Remove and stir. Continue to do this in 30 second intervals until smooth and creamy. Remember less is better. You can help melt some pieces that are still not fully melted by stirring with a spoon. You do not want to over microwave your chocolate.
For more recipes go HERE
You can find all of the ingredients needed for these pumpkin pretzels below:
- Orange Candy Melts
- Orange Non-Pariles
- Green M & M's
- Melt chocolate according to my melting chocolate directions above.
- Place pretzels on top of parchment paper.
- Use a spoon to place chocolate on top of the pretzel, use a toothpick to help spread the chocolate evenly across the pretzel. (see picture above for reference)
- Cover melted chocolate with orange non-pariles.
- Dip the side of a green M & M into a little bit of melted chocolate and place at the top of the pretzel. The melted chocolate will act as glue.