Sharing is caring!
Take your love for pumpkin and cheesecake and combine the two in this Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe! A homemade pumpkin cheesecake that is luxurious, silky smooth, and cooked to perfection in your Instant Pot. Making homemade cheesecake can’t get any easier than this recipe right here! This is the best Instant Pot pumpkin cheesecake recipe out there.
There are so many beautiful reasons I love the fall, especially living in New Jersey where I get to see the gorgeous colors of the leaves changing. I love the colors, the temperature, the smells, and the tastes of the season. I always know it is the beginning of the fall season when Dunkin Donuts starts serving pumpkin muffins. PUMPKIN!!! That is exactly how I hear it in my head when I see it offered on the menu. In celebration of PUMPKIN! I decided to make this delicious Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake.
Silky Smooth Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
It is my first cheesecake that I have personally made in my instant pot, so I was excited to see the results. I have seen and read all of the rave reviews and could not wait to put my instant pot to the cheesecake test. After really planning out my cheesecake approach I decided I would use Cheesecake #17 as my base recipe. This recipe has been perfected and who am I to argue with 17 attempts to perfection.
This was one of the easiest and perfect cheesecakes I have ever made. The taste is so delicious with just the right amount of pumpkin. This will be the ideal addition to any holiday dinner.
If you love pumpkin cheesecake you must also try my delicious Instant Pot Pumpkin Pie Bites; you will LOVE them!
Homemade Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
Compared to making cheesecake in your stove, I find that Instant Pot takes out a lot of the stress work. You get that uniform cheesecake that gets cooked in the perfect environment. No cracks, the right amount of moisture needed, and it is the ideal water bath for your delicate homemade pumpkin cheesecake.
I just set the timer and let it cook. You don’t have to peek through the oven window to see how your cheesecake is holding up! Once your Instant Pot timer goes off, you have a perfect cheesecake every single time. Toss in the fridge and let the countdown begin until you can try out this delicious pumpkin cheesecake.
How To Remove Your Cheesecake From Spring Form Pan
Once you have chilled your cheesecake, now comes the time for removing the cheesecake from the pan. You want to grab a small knife and run along the edges of the pan, working your knife all the way down to the bottom edge of cheesecake. This is going to help pull the crust away from the pan. Then you want to unbuckle your springform pan and remove the circular band. Then just remove the ring, and you can leave the cheesecake on the bottom pan or transfer to a serving tray. If you remove the bottom portion of the pan, use a thin spatula just like you did the knife with edges. That way you have a complete removal and your cheesecake stay together.
Can I Freeze This Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
Yes! If you want to freeze the pumpkin cheesecake, just follow the cooling in the fridge steps and then remove your cheesecake from the springform pan. Once your cheesecake is chilled, and out of the pan, you want to wrap your cheesecake in heavy-duty aluminum foil, and placed in a freezer bag. Toss in the freezer until you are ready to eat. Skip the caramel drizzle and nut topping, and do that once you are prepared to eat. To thaw just place in the refrigerator overnight and the next day you will have a thawed cheesecake. Top with your caramel, nuts, or whipped topping and serve.
Make sure to let me know how much you all love this recipe! I know our family sure enjoyed it, and I will be making it again very soon.
This Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake is so creamy and delicious. It is everything that you love about pumpkin with a creamy delicious cheesecake base. Pure pumpkin heaven.
- 1 cups graham crackers crumbs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 pinches sea salt
- Caramel Syrup
- chopped pecans
- Lightly spray a springform pan with canola spray and set aside.
- Add the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter to a bowl and stir until it starts to hold shape as you press down.
- Press the mixture into the prepared springform pan. Using a flat surface or your hand to press the crust and try to line the sides about to the middle of the pan edges.
- Freeze for 20-30 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch, sea salt, and white sugar together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, briefly break up the cream cheese by beating it for 10 seconds with a hand mixer using low speed. These are crucial steps as tested by cheesecake 17
- Add in half the sugar mixture and beat until just incorporated using low speed (20-30 seconds).
- Scrape down the sides and the hand mixer with a spatula making sure it is completed incorporated.
- Add remaining sugar mixture and beat until just incorporated using low speed (20-30 seconds).
- Add pumpkin puree, sour cream, and vanilla to the cream cheese mixture.
- Beat until just incorporated using low speed (20-30 seconds).
- Blend in the two eggs using low speed. Mix until just incorporated (about 15 – 20 seconds with a hand mixer). Try not to overmix on this step.
- Using a spatula scrape down the sides and hand mix and fold until you are sure all of the ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour cheesecake batter into your frozen crust.
- Drop the springform pan (i used a 6") onto the counter a few times to ensure there are no air pockets.
- Pour 1 cup of water into your pot.
- Place your cheesecake on top of your trivet and a foil sling (for easier removal)
- Put your cover on and set to sealing.
- Set for 35 min High Pressure. Do a natural release.
- Once the natural release is completed, remove your cover quickly so no water drops on top of your cheesecake.
- Let cool to room temperature either in your pot or on the counter.
- Let cool in the fridge for at least 4 hours. I let mine cool overnight.
Garnish with caramel syrup and chopped pecans.
For this recipe I used my 8 QT IP with a 7" springform pan.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 576Saturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 167mgSodium: 511mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 1gSugar: 34gProtein: 8g
Sharing is caring!