Hummus is a popular Middle Eastern dip and spread that is packed with vitamins and minerals. Hummus and its ingredients offer a variety of impressive health benefits, including helping fight inflammation, improving blood sugar control, better digestive health, lower heart disease risk and weight loss. It has become a increasingly popular over the years. This Instant Pot Garlic Hummus is so delicious and I could not be any more thrilled that I can now make this at home. Hummus is fairly expensive in the supermarket. Making it from beans makes this an especially frugal dish to make.
If you love this recipe you will definitely love our Instant Pot Refried Beans.
Delicious Instant Pot Garlic Hummus is so delicious and easy to make. You will never pay for high priced store bought hummus again.
- 1 1/2 cup dried chickpeas
- 6 cups of water
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- 1/3 cup tahini paste
- 1/2 cup of reserved chickpea water post steaming
- Place the dried chickpeas, water, salt and minced garlic in your instant pot.
- Cover with lid, lock and make sure steam valve is sealed. Cook on high for 45 minutes.
- Once your chickpeas are done let them sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain your chickpeas in a fine strainer and reserve about a half cup or more of the water from the instant pot for later use.
- Add cooked chickpeas, tahini paste, lemon juice and reserved water in a blender, magic bullet or food processor to blend. Feel free to add the water gradually to get the texture and thickness you like your hummus. You can also add more minced garlic, salt and lemon juice to taste at this point and continue to blend untill you get the flavor the way you like it.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Sodium: 604mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 7gSugar: 4gProtein: 9g