Crispy Air Fryer & Ninja Foodi Chickpeas
Crispy Air Fryer & Ninja Foodi Chickpeas are a tasty and crunchy snack that will have your reaching for one more handful! A gluten-free snack that is a healthier alternative to chip and it makes for a delicious snack.
The Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi really cooks these Chickpeas nicely! It allows them to crisp up for the ultimate crunch! The recipe is versatile on seasoning so the possibilities are endless!
Air Fryer Chickpeas
For this go around I did two batches. A dry ranch and then parmesan! Both were fantastic, I think I enjoyed the ranch slightly more. Because I’m oir home ranch is king!
Why Buy Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi
The Ninja Foodi and Air Fryer both offer the air frying element. It uses hot air to circulate around the food to crisp it up like it was deep fried in oil! It is a fantastic concepts and both are popular kitchen tools.
Top Reasons You Want One
- Minimal oil is required for that deep fried texture.
- The Ninja Foodi adds the element of pressure cooking as well, so a multi-tool.
- They preheat faster than traditional oven.
- Cook time is faster!
Are Garbanzo Beans The Same As Chickpeas
Garbanzo beans are the same as Chickpeas. You can use either interchangeably in recipes. So reach for either one in the store for this recipe.
How to Store Leftover Air Fried Chickpeas
I placed my leftover Chickpeas in a brown paper bag and gently rolled up the top. I found they stored better and lasted around 2-3 days. If you don’t have a brown paper bag, you could do an airtight container as well. Store on the counter or pantry.
Can You Store Air Fried Chickpeas In Fridge
I don’t recommend doing this. The reason being is they will sog up and soften rather fast. That crunch factor you created will disappear.
How to Eat Crunchy Chickpeas
We love replacing them as a snack for say chips or crackers. But you could also top your salad with them. Make a sweet version and add to yogurt parfait or oatmeal and more. The possibilities are endless.
Flavoring Air Fried Chickpeas
You can easily flavor your Chickpeas how you would like. I did dry ranch and Parmesan this go around but I have done many versions over the years.
- Spiced up Chickpeas
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Honey Cinnamon
- Salted or Salt and Pepper
- And any other flavors!
Grab all your favorite seasonings and go for it! We really enjoy the savory versions best. But those sweet ones will win over any sweet tooth.
So don’t wait and give these air fried garbanzo beans a try. Quick, easy and a crunchy snack just waiting for you to make! Who knows you might have everything handy in your pantry!
- 2 - 15.5 oz can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.0 oz packet ranch salad dressing & seasoning mix
- 3 TBSP Parmesan cheese
- Heat air fryer/Foodi to 390°
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. You want them to be nice and dry.
- Toss with 1 TBSP of olive oil.
- Toss with either the Parmesan cheese or the Ranch seasoning. You will have enough seasoning for one can each. You want a nice coating.
- Pour the chickpeas into the fryer basket. Cook for 12-15 minutes, shaking a couple of times.
- When chickpeas are crispy. Remove them from the basket to bowl for snacking.
- Store in air tight container on the counter.